stereo upgrade

its just there is so much static as is i don't know if its the deck wiring speakers or all of the above hence why i just wanna do all new and basically i wanted diagram to be able to comprehend
if the dash speakers are tied into door speakers or if they need there own channel
lets put it this way at wot stereo pretty cranked all i can here is spool and drone (dam 3 inch muffler tech exhaust )

as far as the door speakers being tied into the dash speakers you would probably need a crossover. At least I would do a crossover so you can filter the dash speakers with not as much low (kind of like tweeters) and put a little more low freq. on the dash.
It has been a long time since I have done audio though. P.S I would also amp all the speakers if your running new wire. That's what I'm doing.

Ok so to edit again. (sorry very tired) I should also mention running new wire is extremely easy. especially using a crossover and amp. It is almost self explanatory if you read all the instructions/manuals. If your new to audio buy the crossover from crutchfield and you get install info and free tech support.

I have found the dash speakers to be worthless! Get some good 5.25" door speakers and a good pair of 6x9's with a nice 4 channel amp. I just couldn't hear the dash speakers over the door and rear deck speakers so they were a waste. I believe somebody makes the sail panel that is made for speakers if you are really wanting the other two channels. I have a Kenwood head unit that has a built in crossover.

I have found the dash speakers to be worthless! Get some good 5.25" door speakers and a good pair of 6x9's with a nice 4 channel amp. I just couldn't hear the dash speakers over the door and rear deck speakers so they were a waste.

I agree I wouldn't really put speakers in there. I'm considering using the dash mount for tweeters but I don't like the location much. I will probably put them in the pillars.

I took the stock dash speakers out yesterday and played the system without them. Overall it's lower sounding. The dash speakers added some highs . I am running my speakers off the head unit other than the sub. It's 45 watts from the pioneer. It's not loud out side the car. Overall not a bad sound without the dash speakers . I'll try the pioneers when come in and decided. The factory dash speakers have base blocker capacitors built in wondering if I should move them to the new speakers . My head unit had an adjustable cross over so I can drop the low freq off all the speakers to some extent.
It seems to clean things up just playing with it yesterday.

il be putting all new speakers gonna mod the rear deck for 6x9 and im gonna do the 7 inch single din like this one just waiting for everything to comme in from ebay i got a couple new gauges to clean up the all around look of the car

blackdeathtrap said:
il be putting all new speakers gonna mod the rear deck for 6x9 and im gonna do the 7 inch single din like this one just waiting for everything to comme in from ebay i got a couple new gauges to clean up the all around look of the car

I am going to warn you against modding the rear deck!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just spend the $20 and get the adapters. Don't do it!!!!

whats the big deal with moding the deck integrety or will it cause issues
if you mostly just worried about my loosing the value of the car im over that but if it will cause actualy issues then i will take the advice

no offence but its my car and it will always be my car and the size of 6x9 i have to instale will not work with the adapter because it will hit the torsion bars for the truck
and who really wants 4x10 speakers there all junk even the 120 dollar kickers suck

You should be able to make it work with adapters, I've had three different pair of 6x9's including Focal & Kicker without issue. Recently in fact I successfully modified the adaptor to accept a 6.5" round. If it were me I'd do whatever it took to NOT modify rear deck. You are however correct, it's your car, do whatever suits your needs best.

i just still can se it hurting the value buy doing a major stereo up grand like putting 6x9 in the deck i do understand the idee of using adapters how do they work do the bolt or do you end up still using some tip of metal bracket like the stock speakers are held in to hold em up there

they don't ship to Canada and the ones that do charge 30 dollars in shipping I'm gonna put the 30 bucks in new speaker wire and cut the deck and be done with it i know i know theres no turning back but why in gods name would i put stock 4x10s back in hahahaha

Shit I can ship you some from our store. It's a bad choice to cut your rear deck man...

Sorry no cod's but I've got them in stock. Normally 25 a pair for you $20 + shipping. Let me know.

no offence but its my car and it will always be my car and the size of 6x9 i have to instale will not work with the adapter because it will hit the torsion bars for the truck
and who really wants 4x10 speakers there all junk even the 120 dollar kickers suck

You can see the future? What are Wednesday's PowerBall numbers? Want it for yourself? Just gimme the Powerball and one or two of the other numbers. I'd be perfectly happy with $100K. :-p

Seriously, don't cut the rear shelf. You will regret it later. With a sub in the trunk, you don't need the size of the 6x9. Get the Kicker 4x10s or stick some 4" rounds on the package shelf or use the adapters if you're stuck on the 6x9s.

I have a question. I see everyone saying don't cut the rear deck but know one is saying why. I would like to know this because I am thinking about my install and how I am going to do it.