Steering shaft boot

zeus87gn

Automotive Neurosurgeon
Does anyone happen to have a new (or NOS) GM steering shaft boot?

BEST DESC: This is the boot that goes on the upper knuckle of the steering shaft under the hood up underneath the PM. The shaft that goes between the firewall (at the base of the interior steering column) and the steering box (or gear). The lower part is the rag joint, the upper part is a puttogether knuckle with a boot. Mine is torn and needs replacing and can't find it anywhere. My local GM stealership doesn't even know what I am talking about.

Help!
:p

It was only available with the steering shaft. If you do a search for Mike's Montes in Ohio, I believe he sells one that is a replacement and not exact. GM never serviced that boot separately.

Brian,

I was hunting an original, maybe that last one someone has sitting on a box...on a shelf...in the corner that they haven't looked at in years. I am going to rebuild my original as backup when the shaft you sent me goes south on the rag joint. If I start looking now, maybe in a few years I may find it! :biggrin:

I did get that one you sent to work. Once you install the washer it closes up pretty well. Not as proper as I would like, but it does work. Forgive me, I can be anal sometimes. Thank you for having those available as I would be up the creek without it.

Patrick

zeus87gn said:
Brian,

I was hunting an original, maybe that last one someone has sitting on a box...on a shelf...in the corner that they haven't looked at in years. I am going to rebuild my original as backup when the shaft you sent me goes south on the rag joint. If I start looking now, maybe in a few years I may find it! :biggrin:

I did get that one you sent to work. Once you install the washer it closes up pretty well. Not as proper as I would like, but it does work. Forgive me, I can be anal sometimes. Thank you for having those available as I would be up the creek without it.

Patrick
Patrick I understand. I just didn't want to see you buy 1 from Mike & have the exact same thing you already had. Now that would of pushed you ever the edge LOL.