Steering column help

BIGJOE

hey guys fiannly got my steering column tightened up, only was able to tigten to of the torq screws cause the last one is nice and buried, during the whole taking apart process and then fixing process, was about a 1month wait cause of other duties, so now that i have it tigetened i have no clue where all these little parts go back and in what order except the wires, does anyone have a breakdown picture or a diagram, i ordered a haynes manual but could be a month before i get it. so any help would be appreciated. thanks again guys

kinda pist at myself after watching this video apparently i did it the hard way i removed all the cables and internals on the signals and everything...*sigh* the video was helpfull for if i have to do it again....thanks

and theres 30 bux down the drain bought that pdf from that website, it was informative but did not have the information i needed, i need the detailed instruction on how to rebuild the blinker switch and other small things as the steering column was completly dissembled. every peice, thanks again for trying

Sorry to hear that the website was not useful. I had seen that site in the past but never used it.

You have any pictures of what you are dealing with? I have a column in pieces and maybe I'll be able to help.

i closed my garage for the night, ill take some detailed pics tommorow and post them and see what you guys think about it. thanks again

only prob now is i was reasembling and and put the spacer in front of that rod that controls the high beams and... the rod seems to be just rattling around loose, is there something im missing here?

i understand that but it doesnt too clip and up down and make contact when you try to use the lever to turn the high beams on like the rod itself is not hooked up to something down in the column

post some pics or something. If I can see it and get a good description of it I can help you. I've torn down so many of them in the past, I time myself when I do the ol' fix tilt teardown lol

hahahaha okay ill try to get some up tommorow, my garage is locked for the night, thanks for your help in this matter

Capture800.jpg

alright the rod is right in the center of the picture its coming out the side, now its just sitting in there loose theres no resistance, you can grab it and move it around freely what do i do with this?

oh ok,now I I remember. Put the plastic cover back on, IF you got everything else on. See the curve in the rod? The goofy lookin black piece with the curve on the end goes against that. WHen you look down the sleeve you will see the outline of the head, and that part is what rubs on your multifunction switch to activate the high beams. Man I wish you were close by, I'd have this put back together in about 10-15 minutes.

no i understand how it goes back together the problem is once its back to together the high beam rod doesnt touch doesnt make contact with the switch, its like its loose inside the sleeve

So if you push it in and pull it out it's loose? Doesn't have a click to it like it's moving the switch?