Starter

ThebigbadWolF

Starter went out, nothing happens when I turn the key.

I have power as the lights and stereo come on, prior to the start dying every now and then it would take multiple cranks to get the car to start.

anywho...

im having a hell of a time getting the cross over pipe off, any advise would be great.

mine came out with pipe still in tack if i remember right just have to wiggle it outta there, replace it with a nice mini starter, its deff worth the $ for the future

9/16 and some Deep Creep. Spray on the Deep Creep and wait. Get ready.......then wait. Put the wrench on it and wait. Then......you got it wait just a tad bit more the sneak up on it and BAM, put some man on it. Be sure to check the wire terminations on the starter.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Mine comes out with the crossover in place. But if you must, spray it with some some good penetrating oil...

i put pb on it for an hr at least, still couldn't get shit to move. im about to cut it off so I have more room an get in there with a breaker bar.

the hard part is since the foo who had the x pip replaced the pipe is too large I cant get any tools in with room.

I remember having some stuck and it taking forever...after you do what you gotta do to get it off don't forget to put anti-seize goop on it. Some one has the specs on getting those bolts new too...buy good ones.