starter suggestions

toomanymodz

Ok, I'm getting the final things in order for my new engine. I need help on what starter to buy. I'm running a 160 tooth flywheel:
Weber Internal-Neutral Balance 3.8L Turbo Buick Flexplate

However, the starter at gbody says it fits 168 tooth only:
GBodyParts.com Online

And this one doesn't say what size flexplate it fits:
http://*******************/proddetail.asp?prod=Starter

I read somewhere that a chevy starter (one designed for the small flexplate) will fit. If so, I was thinking about this one:
Powermaster 9100 - Powermaster PowerMAX Starters - Overview - SummitRacing.com

Can someone help me out here. I'm confused. :confused:

I'm running a ls1 starter from a camaro in one car, high torque mini starter -saves about 10 lbs in weight, also have a new spare one I was going to use on my stage2 motor but bought a upgraded lt4 mini starter from a corvette, so if you like I could sell you the extra lt1/ls1 starter-was never installed-$125. Shipped.

I have one of each on my cars LT1 & LT4. Cant go wrong with either one. I personally prefer the LT4 a little more

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll be looking into getting a starter soon. Cash is tight this month, so maybe next month. This is a slow moving project for sure. The only major item remaining is the tranny, then it's engine-swap time.

I don't have the info available right now but there is a store on ebay that has the mini starter that fits our Buicks for $79.00 shipped with a 3 year warranty.

It shouldn't be to hard to look them up.

I have the LT4 starter and when I was researching the information on the board prior to buying the unit it was apparent by several threads that the reliability and longivity of the ebay starters made them not a very good deal in the long run.