Starter Question

Justin Terry

Alright the other nite I went to crank the WE4. And as soon as it crunk the starter just stayed on. So I immediatly turned the key off but the starter just kept on cranking the car wasnt crunk but the starter was tryin. So I opened the hood and took the battery cable off right quick. So the I put it back on because I had to go. So when i tried to crank it again it did the same thing. So I took the battery cable back off then put it back on. Then it started just fine. It does it every once in a while but that is the first time I have heard it. My friend crunk it once and it did it to him. Its a new start only has probably 500 or so miles on it. It came from Advanced Auto. I was thinking of taking it back and buying a High torque starter from turbobuick.com. Do yall think its the starter or somehing else. thanks

It's the starter it's probably junk. I have the TB.com starter, I think i'm going to put my stock one back on though and sell this one. Stock one crunk the beast faster.

So you think I should just take it off and get another one. I thought the high torque starters were supposed to crank faster while also saving weight.