Start up problems!!!!!!!!!!

Rigo's 87 GN

im having a problem with my GN! in orther to start it i have to shoot some throttle body cleaner. it doesnt matter wether the car is cold or not! everytime i start it up have to do it that way. i can drive it and if i turn it off it wont start again. any sugestions?
coolant temp sensor reading good!

Sounds like the fuel pressure relay is bad or the signal from the ecm to the relay is dead.

Once the car is started, the oil pressure switch is keeping the fuel pump running.

The fuel pressure relay is under the hood on the passenger side fender. There are 2 relays. The one with the grey plug is the fuel pump.

Unplug the fuel pump relay. Make a jumper wire. Jump B & D on the relay socket. See if it starts.

RL

I have fuel pressure. 40psi the pump is running but the injectors are not spraying or I have to compensate for a super lean start up! Other than the coolant temp sensor what control fuel at start up?

Ok go back and re read what he told you to check. Of course you got fuel pressure your car is running after you spray the intake. The water temp sensor does not affect your fuel coming in. The Oil presure sender, down by where the oil line is for your turbo. That gives the car a backup signal to the fuel pump to keep the car going. It seems like on these cars you always have to check electrical first. Check that Relay.

Do you have the initial fuel pump prime with key on no start? If not theres your problem.

The water temp sensor does not affect your fuel coming in. [/QUOTE said:
The water temp sensor is the only thing the computer reads to select the proper amount of injector duty cycle during start up. You'll need a scan tool to see if it is reading correctly. If the sensor tells the computer that it is very hot the computer will command a lean air/fuel mixture. My first guess is that this is not your problem,but it is worth checking. It's not good to guess.

Do you have a datalogger or scantool? I am wondering what the IAC numbers are when warm and idling? Also it would be nice to know what the BLM's were upon cranking and idling when cold.

The water temp sensor is the only thing the computer reads to select the proper amount of injector duty cycle during start up. You'll need a scan tool to see if it is reading correctly. If the sensor tells the computer that it is very hot the computer will command a lean air/fuel mixture. My first guess is that this is not your problem,but it is worth checking. It's not good to guess.

Sorry I should have said the Water Temperture sensor has No affect on the Starting of the Fuel pump for the fuel coming in on start up. I didn't know that the engine
temp tells the computer to adjust the fuel mix while the car is running good to know.

To the OP do some reading here the is lot of good articles for troubleshooting
-Trouble Shooting