Start up issues

Luckydog32

Finally got my 86 GN running after tearing it down to do a mini restoration. Changed cam( comp cams 206/206), lifters, valve springs and timing chain gears. Reset both the cam sensor and TPS. The issue I’m having is that I have to pump throttle to get it to start. Kind of like an old carb. Once it starts and I get it to run for a few min it will idle but it idles high. I don’t have a tach but I would say about 1000-1500 rpm. It runs smooth and only a small bit of hesitation if I give it some gas. Car is basically stock except cam. I do not have a scan tool but I think I will order one this week.

Finally got my 86 GN running after tearing it down to do a mini restoration. Changed cam( comp cams 206/206), lifters, valve springs and timing chain gears. Reset both the cam sensor and TPS. The issue I’m having is that I have to pump throttle to get it to start. Kind of like an old carb. Once it starts and I get it to run for a few min it will idle but it idles high. I don’t have a tach but I would say about 1000-1500 rpm. It runs smooth and only a small bit of hesitation if I give it some gas. Car is basically stock except cam. I do not have a scan tool but I think I will order one this week.
Also my check engine light is flashing rapidly.

If the check engine light is flashing rapidly you have a computer problem. Make sure the eprom (chip) is seated properly in the computer. Could also be a bad computer itself.