CLevite 214-1156 Left Hand
Sealed power R-870 Left hand
Melling K-542-L >>>Left hand

GM 1241850 Right hand rocker
Clevite>>>214-1155 RIGHT hand Rocker
Sealed Power > R-869 RIGHT hand Rocker
Melling>>> K-542-R Right hand ROCKER

??? which one has the most BEEF< ?
Which part OTHER THAN GM IS Stronger than stock?

ENGINE EXPERTS please reply

Regards, Blackhawk 38

One of the guys who builds lots of engines would be best to answer this (Nick?) My guess would be that all the stamped steel ones are pretty much the same. Most folks, if they have problems with stock system, have a broken shaft, not a broken rocker. (based on reading these boards for years) The "upgrade" is to the roller rockers, not to an alternate stock-type rocker. (big price jump!) There are heavy duty shafts available for the stock rockers, though.

HAVE harland sharps and TA peformance harden shafts on 2nd engine3RD>

Originally posted by Nick Micale
Ditto to what Ormand said.:)
:)

I have harland sharp rollers on my first engine that is now sitting in my living room.

THE second engine has TA peformance hardened rocker shafts and after market stamped steel ROCKERS with a comp 206/206 retrofit ductile iron ROller cam .

THIS 3rd engine I AM HAVING BUILT WILL ALSO HAVE THE TA HARDENED SHAFTS, a REED CRYLOGGENTIC TREATED 188/188 .403 lift hydraulic FLAT TAPPET cam and CRYLO treated matching VALVE SPRINGS FROM REED with new GM lifters.
This engine is going in a PIG heavy BUICK 85 SFI TURBO RIVIERA 4100 LBS

I am investigating NOW, the CLEVITES are NOT as thick as stock, the sealed power sample rocker is comming in tomorrow, and I would like to see a MELLING K542 to see how much beef is on it,

I DO NOT LIKE THE SINGER SEWING machine NOISE that roller ROCKER ARMS MAKE:)

No expert by any means, just a little experience. I ran down to the mid 10s for 3 years on my Sealed Power assemblys before a shaft finally broke last year. This is with a 210 210 roller with I believe around .490" lift. HTH