Stalling

first turbo

C AN ANYONE HELP A ROOKIE AT THIS. SEEMS TO LOAD UP AT IDLE AFTER SITTING THRU A FULL RED LIGHT CAR WILL STALL ON TAKE OFF OR STALL WHILE SITTING THERE. WILL RUN ROUGH AT TAKE OFF AND ALOT OF BLACK SMOKE, WILL SMOOTH OUT AFTER GETTING IN TO THE THROTTLE,OTHER WISE CAR RUNS STRONG.HAVE SCANMASTER NOT REAL SURE ABOUT READINGS 828 AT IDLE JUMPS ALL OVER UNDER LOAD. THANKS.
87gn

307 walbor fuel pump
hot wire kit
3" down pipe
ported elbow
flow master
thrasher 93 street chip
adj. fuel reg.
adj. waste gate
scan master

i occasionally have the exact same problem. if i hit the throttle sometimes it will just not run, last night i stoped at a stop sigh, hit the gas and the engine died completely, thats the first time its ever completely stoped. when it happens it usually just dies untill i take my foot back off the throttle, then i can hit the throttle again and it will go just fine. it did it once to me while i was trying to cross some traffis, bad feeling....:(

my car did it to me again, i went to power brake it and it just fell on its face, didn't die but tryed to. any sugestions or ideas?

went thru the basic things yesterday plugs wires ect. all o.k. Didn't drive it. It was raing all day. what I've been reading there are 30 differnt things that can cause this. Iam going to get a new chip burned. does your car run rich at idle.

Don

Black smoke and stumbling are signs of excess fuel. Do you have a fuel pressure gauge? An injector that sticks open can put excess fuel in the engine and can usually be caught with a gauge as the system won't hold pressure when the engine is shut off.

have checked fuel pressure before will do again, no black smoke on startup, stalling seems to get worse the longer the car is driven, only after it is stopped at light and has died after stopping for a stop sign.
thanks, Don

no, my car runs great most of the time, real smooth and the mixture seems right. I do have afule pressure gauge, but its under the hood on the fuel rail. and i do have a walbro 340 fuel pupm, pretty sure its hotwied in, but i'm not positive, how do you check?

I am somewhat new to these cars as well. Still learning all the time.

Anyway my car recently acted like yours...only mostly stalled out after burnouts. Friends told me to get some Throttle body cleaner and spray out the throttle body...and more importantly...the IAC (just below the throtle body). I then researched and performed the procedure of resetting the IAC on the GNTtype site. (this last step may be not needed).

It cured my problems! HTH.

thats worth a shot, last thing i need to do is pull into traffic and have my car die on me.

coudn't help but notice your cuda, love thoes cars! but i've got to ask, why the 340 and not a 440 6 pack?

I wanted to collect both a small block (the 340-6 is stock to the AAR) and a big block (wanted the HEMI vice the 440 - becides the car came as a basket case without the orginal numbers matching engine). The MOPARS are more resto projects that strip cars. Nothing beats my T-type for low buck/super quick perf.!!!

BTW my car was not smoking as bad as you described.

THANKS FOR THE INFO WILL TRY THE CLEANING, LIKE YOUR MOPAR COLLECTION,JUST SOLD MY 67 SATELLITE 383 4SPD. A FRIEND OF MINE JUST FINISHED HIS AAR.