Stall speed

Two T's

Long Time member
What stall speed are most guys running with a te45a wondering if my stall is to big I belive mine is a 3400 9.5 lock up from pat's motor out now so just want some reference from other guy's running the 45a so when motor goes
back in if I need to change think I will be running a 210-215 or 206-206.
Thanks
Tom:cool:

That's about average for that turbo. Now I see people using lower stall converters, launching with more boost to have less slippage up top. It works at the track but kills the fun of the car on the street.

Ya tell me about it really love this turbo love big shaft plus bb are $$$$$$ any other oppinions
Thanks for input

Thanks for reply I have the rjc boost controler and when car was running did a few adjustments recomended by scott w. of gns preformance and spool not to bad but think still would like a little better just donot want to break down for a bb right now as am building motor
keep replys comming
Thanks again to all
Tom

Thanks for reply I have the rjc boost controler and when car was running did a few adjustments recomended by scott w. of gns preformance and spool not to bad but think still would like a little better just donot want to break down for a bb right now as am building motor
keep replys comming
Thanks again to all
Tom

3400 should be darn close. If you go with the 206, it should get the turbo going a little quicker with your current converter selection.
Also, the car may be a little rich on the tune on the bottom, that will also affect the spool up. Lean it out a bit, and it should wake it up.

Brian

thanks brian you were the one that recomended pats to me and he makes a great converter at a great price and thanks for the tip