Stall speed question

I have a 1980 turbo regal with a Th 350. Would not having enough stall speed cause my car to be VERY sluggish on take off?

YES IT COULD.WHAT ENGINE AND FINAL DRIVE RATIO?HAS THE ENGINE STATE OF TUNE BEEN EXAMINED?

It's a 231 Turbo v6 bored 30 over. I rebuilt the engine, tranny, carb, turbo. I do not know the final drive ratio. whatever stock would be i guess. It's really just take off i have a problem with, once she gets up and goes. SHE GETS UP AND GOES.

If your converter has a low stall speed, you will have a big lag until you get onto the power band of the engine. You may well be looking at stepping up for a new converter for sure. ,,,,,,,,,,,Mark :D

Ok, from what i've read i'm thinking of getting a 3000 rpm stall converter. This is a stock 231 carbed turbo 1980 regal. Does anyone recommend any brand? I just figured B and M would be good.

i would reccomend an 11 inch 350 convertor that will stall at 2500 on the foot brake .they are a very reliable unit for daily usage and wont eat your wallet up at the gas pump.i dont think most of the vendors here carry them but look around .if you like check out url below.