Stageright help

jerrad

I installed a stageright TB last night and I'm having an issue. Before I put the pan on I tried going through the gears to make sure it would and guess what? It won't go into first. If I use my hand from under the car it will but the shifter won't do it.
Anyone have any guesses?:confused:

I believe you have the incorrect cable in the car, it was a common error to replace the cable with one meant for 200-C 3 speed applications.
Replace cable with proper lenght (MW9 application) and you should be good to go, cheers:D

Kevin.

Shifter cable? Before the stageright it went into first. Could it still be a cable issue?

Yes, the cables are very simular but ARE different, if you disconnect the cable from trans and operate shifter from inside car, the shifter will feel a spongy when trying to pull back to L1 position, the wrong cable is just a tad short and would require you to "Force" it into L1.
Bottom line: if you can select all detent positions at trans from under the car, the problem is in the shifter cable/steering column interlock rod areas.

Kevin.