stage II header gasket

101turbo

does anyone make a copper header gasket for stage II heads. I see that felpro makes a steel core paper one but I dont think it will last. right now im using high temp silicone but it doesnt seem to be holding up. I have check my header flange and it is perfectly flat. any help would be appreciated.

SCE Gaskets

SCE makes the copper gasket you are looking for.

Part # 4272 - Round Port
Part # 4572 - Square Port

Or go to their website.
www.scegaskets.com
Go to page 6 of their catalog.

Good Luck

Brad

Header Gasket

Just make sure the flanges are flat and use the good kitchen and bath stuff. the most expensive, best stuff. The high temp never works worth a damn. Good luck!

I have been using SCE copper for 6 years now. I always coat the gaskets with some HT Copper gasket compound and have had good success. Good quality headers also make a big difference.

Cometic also makes copper ones. Highly recommend if you do not want to run no gaskets. Any and all fiber ones suck. Any leaks and the gasket blows out and it's time to remove headers to replace. If I ever had a screw back out with the coppers I just replaced it or tightened it back up.

Greg Kring

fel pro

i use regular felpro 1401's but i torque the hell ot of the header bolts and use stage 8 bolts they have a tab and an e-clip this keeps it from comming loose i have never had a problem

I have always used soft copper with a very thin film of high temp silicone on each side. Never a problem. Make sure all sealing surfaces are flat. When I tried to use the copper without sealer, I would get weaping from the sealing surfaces. I'm still on my first set of copper gaskets. Just wipe them down and reuse.