stage 2 iron heads 14x ?

here are few pics i had already will take closer ones if you like.
IMG958231.jpg

IMG952682.jpg
2011-11-27_11-33-53_438.jpg

2011-11-27_11-33-32_226.jpg

2011-11-27_11-22-45_285.jpg

2011-11-27_11-33-43_50.jpg

QUESTION? should i heep the distributor setup or go back with factory cam sensor ignition.factory is cleaner to me.

That depends, if you ever plan to go XFI or not, the 2 step wont work properly with a cam sensor. As for the heads I suggest you NEVER sell them, they are a nice piece.

i have a accell dfi system with it.i have always had xfi on other cars never used dfi...

Stick with the XFI....data logging is way better, and the 2.0 is years ahead of the dfi.

Here is a pic of the heads I thought you were talking about........Too bad they are considered door stops.o_O

stage 2 head mock up.JPG

Once I get these puppies together and a fresh coat of paint. I'll get some better pics up for old school reference..

cylinder head temp sensor in egr port.has accell dfi with it .i may switch to the new fast from cal when i get it all together.still waiting on cat to come from paint.as far as the headers, not sure what guys name was but he worked for atr years ago and custom made them..

Norb,

I agree with most of what was posted about Iron vs Aluminum heads and the iron heads will work. I saw one set on a motor that John Gallina had that were running in the 7's so it's possible to make good H.P. with them. I think there is a reason Buick stop casting them back in the early eighties and that is because Aluminum is preferable as a material. Aluminum does have a different expansion rate but is lighter, more easily repaired, and less prone to detonation due to the fact that Aluminum dissipates heat more readily. Don touched on a good point which we visited in another thread that with an Iron head on a street turbo motor 9.5 to 1 compression is a bit high. With an aluminum head it will work fine.

Neal

On this particular engine, I think the compression will be slightly under 9:1 . This is just a test bed to see how drive ability will be and at what rpm band will make power, before I use the same cam in my 4.1 future build. Target HP is 800 RWHP.

Looks like the seat psi will be 230@1.950 and open 580 psi@ 590 lift. Is this ok?

i heard the reason they stopped prodution on the stage 1 iron head ,is that nascar changed the rulls in what head you could run.so they made more aluminum heads..thats what i have been told .they only made 12 sets of these heads...so they are rare.