Stage 2 Headers

Buickrat

I am going to have a set of stg2 headers made with mean Mikes flanges, on my 87 GN, hopefully this December. When I have the first set produce we are going to produce a jig so we can reproduce them in multiply sets. No price as of yet, I will keep you posted as the project gets going. I do not know how these will compare to the ones made in China as far as design. I am going to structure them like the TA headers for the standard heads. I have not decided on the tube size yet but, I am leaning between 1.62 - 1.75 If interested let me know.

The log design will become restrictive compared the ATR design 2 into 1, but for a street car it should spool well. I would think around 750 hp it will start becoming an issue. I think 2.5" diameter pipe for the log would be a goods start, considering the TA headers are 2" ID only,

Thanks for your input, I am building a bottom 10 second street car so 750-800 HP is my target, I like the TA design do to minor fitmit issues and spark plug access. I would like to improve on the TA design for a streetable Stg2 street car.

Thanks for your input, I am building a bottom 10 second street car so 750-800 HP is my target, I like the TA design do to minor fitmit issues and spark plug access. I would like to improve on the TA design for a streetable Stg2 street car.

This is just my opinion, I think 1.75 tubes would be a good size for the primaries also.You may want to use 321 stainless and 347 filler rod and purge all your pipes, etc.

Not to hijack, but I will be posting a set of the Conley Stage II headers for sale in the next day or so.

These are brand new if interested.

The passenger side looks like the spark plugs will be difficult to get to and the down pipe will get in the way of the transfer pipe.