Stage 2 GN build

A coworker shot this saturday of my second run (9.61@141). I can see it needs some more compression on the front shocks. And it could sure use some more boost quicker into the run to keep the tires in the air longer. :)

The only thing I changed from last weekend was the sensor for the AMS. I had left the FAST 12V 100psi sensor in thinking it was the same as the AMS, but the AMS supplies 5V. So I may have been running with different boost. Without a datalog I have no idea where it was at. I'm going to to keep it set just like it is until I get comfortable. It looks lazy from the video, but for me it feels like a lot is going on real quick inside.

Something funny from this weekend. There are notes that came with my Griner transbrake that say never start the burnout in 1st gear (this applies to all 3speed transmissions though). Either start in 2nd and shift to 3rd or start in 3rd. Having never had a turbo v6 car, I though starting in 2nd might be a strain on the motor. So when I pull up to do my first burnout I had it in 2nd. The waterbox was a bit dry and the guy pulled me all the way through. There was an open header bracket car next to me and I couldn't hear my car at all. I set the line lock and slowly roll into the throttle, it quickly goes to 6500 and I pull 3rd while letting off the throttle a bit. I must have let off too much because the tires stopped spinning. So in a panic, I mashed the gas again. This time I'm starting in 3rd and the tires instantly spin and the tach goes to 6K again. I was quite suprised a "little" v6 can do a 3rd gear only burnout.

I've heard the same thing about 1st gear burnouts, I've been starting in first then pulling to third before letting off.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I got my car out a few weekends ago when the weather was nice. I went to my mom's house and she of course had to get pictures with me in them. So, now you all can see who the heck I am. It's always interesting to see if the people you talk to online match what you think they look like in your head.
unnamed2_zps36aa6497.jpg

unnamed1_zpsd9fb53d6.jpg

unnamed_zps83520b37.jpg

unnamed3_zps745de2f7.jpg

I also finally picked up a trailer. I went back and forth for a while over what to get. I needed to be pullable with my 1/2 ton truck and I wanted and enclosed. So I bought this 24' homesteader, they are made in east TN. It's bare bones inside and I'll furnish it as time and money allow.
image_zpsd13b6410.jpg

I got my car out a few weekends ago when the weather was nice. I went to my mom's house and she of course had to get pictures with me in them. So, now you all can see who the heck I am. It's always interesting to see if the people you talk to online match what you think they look like in your head.
unnamed2_zps36aa6497.jpg

unnamed1_zpsd9fb53d6.jpg

unnamed_zps83520b37.jpg

unnamed3_zps745de2f7.jpg

I also finally picked up a trailer. I went back and forth for a while over what to get. I needed to be pullable with my 1/2 ton truck and I wanted and enclosed. So I bought this 24' homesteader, they are made in east TN. It's bare bones inside and I'll furnish it as time and money allow.
image_zpsd13b6410.jpg
:D
Damn Mike, you need a bigger car...............lol
I take back anything mean I may or may not have ever said to you....:D

Tall isn't so much my problem. I'm 6'2. With a helmet on and the seat all the way back, I have about 1/2" of headroom. I've gained about 50lbs. of excess weight in the last few years that I need to shed to get et's down. Although right now for TSM with a stage block, it's allowing me to run without ballast.

Mike you will not beleive this, but you look exactly like the guy who will do my Cage ..
Now we have a Face.......:)

Now you can see why I don't like doing cages. I'm a lot of person to be squeezed upside down in a backseat welding bars.

Beautiful build...I wanted to ask about that vacuum pump...who makes it? I think hemi8 here on the board is selling one similar

Be interested in doing my cage later. How's the wife!! If possible 3/29 the race!!!! Come beat the hell out of some ls cars and ford mods!!

Be interested in doing my cage later. How's the wife!! If possible 3/29 the race!!!! Come beat the hell out of some ls cars and ford mods!!

I hate cages so much, I sold my tubing bender. You should get Chris Terry to do a cage for you. He is somewhere around Decatur. He did a lot of the work on Dusty's car. A couple years ago he quoted me ~$2200 for a chromoly 8.50 legal cage and could crank it out quick.

The wife is doing good. She had our daughter on valentines day. We have a little 7lb.5oz bundle of joy. After a couple hospital stays to deal with jaundice she and we are doing good. Actually she is doing good, we are tired.

Now that I have a trailer, I think I could make the 3/29 race, but it depends on my work schedule now. I may be out of town during the week and when I get home I'll want to hang out with the family.

Under stand that, congrats on the baby girl and good health. I got another on the way my self.

Last edited:
Nice looking fliers lol!!!

Attachments

• 1393535062584.jpg
    1393535062584.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 140