STAGE 2 BMS ON-CTR VIRGIN BLOCK

What heads are on that Jimmy D motor?
Mike
A set of Jim Ruggles designed and built M & A heads. I understand that M & A made 3 pairs of raw castings of these unique heads under the direction of Ruggles. I think M&A kept one set, Ruggles took the other set to build Jimmy D's heads, and I ran down the last set of raw castings in Atlanta and bought them. Someone told me that Ruggles was out to prove that a V-6 could run just as fast with the small heads as it could with the BMS Stage 2 14-bolt jobs.

Here they are.

Attachments

• Ruggles engine april 2013 009.jpg
    Ruggles engine april 2013 009.jpg
    790.1 KB · Views: 177
  • Ruggles engine april 2013 011.jpg
    Ruggles engine april 2013 011.jpg
    778.7 KB · Views: 170
I thought that might be the case there was actually only 2 sets made, 1 set for Jimmy and one set for Ted Wayman's car that I put together. The third set was a regular set of heads that ruggles modified for John at BGC that motor made about 1200 with the big single on Ruggles dyno using an electromotive ECU at low boost by todays standards

Like you said, I was told that only 2 sets were made from the raw castings. Ruggles' and yours. However John at BGC had a set of raw castings that were never machined. Here they are.

Attachments

• Ruggles engine april 2013 021.jpg
    Ruggles engine april 2013 021.jpg
    774.5 KB · Views: 147
  • Ruggles engine april 2013 022.jpg
    Ruggles engine april 2013 022.jpg
    767.2 KB · Views: 142
  • Ruggles engine april 2013 025.jpg
    Ruggles engine april 2013 025.jpg
    797 KB · Views: 136
those are the regular M&A unmachined castings from what I can see, the original race castings did not even have combustion chambers they were machined in later. Jim had a few sets of regular raw castings he was doing different things with. John from BGC bought lots of that stuff from him. Somewhere I have the prints, I will see if I can find them.