Stage 2 1985 GN For Sale or Trade

turbodave231

For Sale or Trade: 1985 Grand National

I have owned this car since 1996 and it is time for me to move on to other Buick projects. There is nearly nothing on this car that has not been rebuilt, overhauled or cleaned. It is as clean on the bottom as it is underhood and topside. This car is really a racecar. It could be converted back for street use by removing the spool, installing a muffler/tailpipe and adding a front lighting harness back into the car. It really boils down to what YOU consider to be street driveable.

The car has a custom chromoly 12 point rollcage. It is overbuilt with X bars in the door openings and crossbracing/gusseting/triangulation everywhere. Stroud parachute. It is NHRA Sportsman certified to 8.50 which was recerted last year.

The engine is a Stage 2 offcenter 016 block with Stage 2 aluminum heads. Only the best internal parts went into this engine. It has a single turbo of which you get your choice: A turbonetics T-76 Q trim BB turbo or a PTE GT-42-76 journal bearing turbo. It has an ATR header on the driver side and a custom header on the passenger side.

The Intercooler is a custom unit utilizing a Garrett core made by Paul Thompson.

The rear axle is a Moser 9" unit with Wildwood brakes. The suspension is a combination of custom lower chromoly arms with spherical rods ends and HR Parts Extreme uppers with spherical ends. Fully adjustable Spring heights with QA1 adjustable shocks. Dynotech chromoly driveshaft. Weld Prostar front wheels and Weld Alumastar rear.

Engine control: Big Stuff 3 with 160# injectors and AMS 1000 boost control using CO2, Tial wastegate and blowoff valves. Accufab throttlebody with custom linkage and Wiggins clamp connection. Bailey Engineer
IMG_1234 r.jpg
IM002618.JPG

ing TR6 ignition system running sequential mode with 6 LS coils. Weldon 2520 pump and fuel cell in trunk

Transmission: T-400 with T-brake. It has all the good hard parts: 34 element sprag, 6 forward, 6 direct and 4 int frictions. Custom pump with feed restriction. PTC converter from Dusty Bradford. Setrab cooler with fan and braided AN lines. Deep cast aluminum pan.

I'm just scratching the surface with this description. Trust me I have WAAAAAAY more invested in this car than I'll ever get out of it. Those of you who know me or know my work will vouch for me. I have been in the Buick Community since 1985 when I bought my first new Turbo Regal and I've bought and sold lots of cars and parts through the years. I can supply plenty of references if you like.

If you are interested in buying or trading for this car, You should come and see it. I am located in SE Michigan. If you are just dreaming, I understand, but PLEASE don't waste my time asking unnecessary questions. How much do I want for the car? I'm asking $24K for the car which is a screamin deal considering all I have spent on this car. What will I trade for? I will consider ANY low mile (20K or less) 86-87 GN or T Type in excellent original condition only. I will also consider a late model 2008 or newer GM full size 1500 pickup in trade.

Dave is the real deal, I know this car well, this is the BEST DEAL on this site in some time. If I were in a position to buy this car it would be mine.
Mike

Question what is the aprox E.T?this car has run ?

I WOULD SAY A 9.68@139
I seen that but those numbers don;t match the 60' time. It looks like a 8 sec ride to me from the parts listed? I don;t want to get this thread off course, but I'm curious to what a build like that could be doing as my build will be similar, and a buyer may want to know too...

Norbs,

9.68 At 139 with the small T-76 turbo. I have not gotten the most out of the combination yet. I believe the car is capable of a 8.99 with the GT-4276 turbo.
I have the downpipe and intercooler pipes set up so that a turbo swap is about an hour job.

If the car does not sell, I will take it to BG and dial the car in, then look for a buyer.

Update: T-76 turbo removed and GT42-76 installed. That is the configuration today. If you would like to see the car in action, I am going to Milan Dragway on October 20th.

Dave is the real deal, I know this car well, this is the BEST DEAL on this site in some time. If I were in a position to buy this car it would be mine.
Mike
Bump for Dave. A car like this becomes available only once in a great while. I have seen this car many times and the attendtion to detail and his custom work exceeds expectations. Dave built my engine and he is as meticulous as they get. If I did not have 3 boys heading to college over the next few years, this car would be mine. Dave I will give you a call.