Stage 1, ta performace alum heads, blowing smoke and oil out of both breathers after fresh rebuild. less then 300 miles on engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stroker engine.... are the oil ring supports for the pistons in the correct position or even installed? I've seen this happen with the stroker set-ups and that could be the issue
They were left out. Once they were put back in the blowing oil stopped but who knows. That’s why he ran up to Boston to fix another issue.

Yes unfortunately we ALL are. Ok done here. Just piece it out an call it a day. It is junk anyway. :poop: Sooo how long can this thread go ?? o_O
Yeah, this thread is on a roll and I don't see it slowly up anytime soon Grumpy. Hell, I spent an hour yesterday reading this thread from the very beginning and it just keeps going ;)

Like I said it’s very hard to get someone here I live in a borough with 2.5 million people so it takes time. His bandwagoneers keep saying they were adjusted. They were not two weeks after I got the car back Dave from turbo Buick performance adjusted the drivers side and yes I was happy that the rapping noise went away. The passenger side needs to be done. And yes you can hear it out the exhaust. Is anyone here trying to discredit me? Really? What’s the purpose of the board ? Everyone here is a mechanic. I took him over one year to try and build my motor. Will post video of rocker adjusting soon

Phil, I am a mechanic....I’ve worked on various types of vehicles for almost 20 years and a aircraft mechanic for 14 years. My job now with aircraft is quality assurance....I have an eye and ear for things that most are blind to by trade. When I heard your engine run, on the run stand and in your car, it made no such noise. I am not saying you are wrong about them needing adjusted later on but you are wrong for trying to call Steve out on never adjusting them at all. He did. I was there. Now back to what I have said too many times and this will be the last time I say it: get a leak down test done on the engine....you having to get the rockers readjusted or him messing up the engine before has nothing to do with the current issue. You have beat that horse to death. Get over it and move onto the current issue. Like Shane I believe it was said, you could have had your engine rebuilt at this point with all the time you’ve spent bitching about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve did not adjust the rockers. No he did not. He told my friend he did not touch them. Make sense. Left oil rail supports out, wrong bearings, broke into the oil tube. Is this made up? There are videos of him poking fun Phil’s stage motor smoker. Cmon dude I know your a fellow mechanic but seriously. enough. WHY DO YOU THINK HE FLEW TO BOSTON. He left out the oil rail supports. I don’t know what he’s feeding you but the pictures are worth a thousand words. I had a perfect running motor couple of drops of oil. Yes that annoyed me as we get older these things annoy you. He blames it on 30 year old technology. No how about you don’t put sealant on the valve cover gaskets. Then when I tell him my issues he wants me to sign a legal document. He didn’t want me to sign a legal document when he was taken my money. It’s a dick move by him. Sorry the sheep followed the same path.

Attachments

• 022508F2-1D42-4487-AFD2-B9A40CE62332.jpeg
    022508F2-1D42-4487-AFD2-B9A40CE62332.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 43
Steve did not adjust the rockers. No he did not. He told my friend he did not touch them. Make sense. Left oil rail supports out, wrong bearings, broke into the oil tube. Is this made up? There are videos of him poking fun Phil’s stage motor smoker. Cmon dude I know your a fellow mechanic but seriously. enough. WHY DO YOU THINK HE FLEW TO BOSTON. He left out the oil rail supports. I don’t know what he’s feeding you but the pictures are worth a thousand words. I had a perfect running motor couple of drops of oil. Yes that annoyed me as we get older these things annoy you. He blames it on 30 year old technology. No how about you don’t put sealant on the valve cover gaskets. Then when I tell him my issues he wants me to sign a legal document. He didn’t want me to sign a legal document when he was taken my money. It’s a dick move by him. Sorry the sheep followed the same path.

Yet I’m not on here blowing shit up like a crybaby. You ever been hit as a kid? Swallow your pride and man up and get the situation fixed. How old are you? Man you’re a pathetic excuse for a man. Women don’t bitch this much. My 2 young daughters don’t whine this bad. Do us all a favor and google leak down check, put your big boy pants on, and investigate and get to the bottom of it. Fuck me this shit is getting old.

I have seen very few not leak. I hate it as well but that's a roll of the dice if it will or not. Best thing is whe it's that small trace it down could be something easy.

As for sealant on the valve cover gaskets. I glue the gasket to the covers leave the head side dry. Makes for a better seal and easier to install and remove.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I have seen very few not leak. I hate it as well but that's a roll of the dice if it will or not. Best thing is whe it's that small trace it down could be something easy.

As for sealant on the valve cover gaskets. I glue the gasket to the covers leave the head side dry. Makes for a better seal and easier to install and remove.

This guy will never be pleased regardless.

Yet I’m not on here blowing shit up like a crybaby. You ever been hit as a kid? Swallow your pride and man up and get the situation fixed. How old are you? Man you’re a pathetic excuse for a man. Women don’t bitch this much. My 2 young daughters don’t whine this bad. Do us all a favor and google leak down check, put your big boy pants on, and investigate and get to the bottom of it. Fuck me this shit is getting old.

We just need to refer him to post 5...

Look what I posted on post 5

OP post 5...

We all have been saying what is in post 5

Get it...

I am not saying you are wrong about them needing adjusted later on but you are wrong for trying to call Steve out
He never mentioned who the builder was. He never called the builder out. We only know who the builder was because the builder came here to announce that he was the builder. If he hadn't done this,we still wouldn't know who the builder was.

Yes,Steve adjusted the rockers. They came loose. They are currently in the same state they would have been if he had never adjusted them,improperly adjusted. Add it to the list of things he did wrong. The problem is that they needed to be adjusted again. That's not good. Hopefully,the reason they needed to be re-adjusted was because the lock nuts didn't receive enough torque during the adjustment procedure and not because something is wearing or bent.

Your lucky because your motor would have blown also

Cmon all you blow hards know Steve’s cockiness who says why did you bring your car 800 miles away???? Really especially when I am trying to get it resolved. I was peaceful with the guy look at all the text he made me eat crow.

Last edited:
He never mentioned who the builder was. He never called the builder out. We only know who the builder was because the builder came here to announce that he was the builder. If he hadn't done this,we still wouldn't know who the builder was.

Yes,Steve adjusted the rockers. They came loose. They are currently in the same state they would have been if he had never adjusted them,improperly adjusted. Add it to the list of things he did wrong. The problem is that they needed to be adjusted again. That's not good. Hopefully,the reason they needed to be re-adjusted was because the lock nuts didn't receive enough torque during the adjustment procedure and not because something is wearing or bent.

He didn’t initially call out the builders name but made it clear it was just built by someone. It looks like he was fishing and waiting for someone to pop the question as to who built it and then he was quick to vent all of the other stuff Steve messed up not having to do with the issue at hand. He has used this post to bash his name, whether that was his intention initially or not doesn’t matter because that’s what he ended up doing. So I don’t see how you can say that he NEVER called the builder out because he sure as hell did. It’s like defending a guy who robbed a store by saying, “well he planned on paying for it at first” but then he made the decision to not pay and steal.

Doesn’t matter, I am done here and unsubscribing. Waste of my time and a lot of others. Phil, I truly wish the best of luck to you and many blessings.

Status
Not open for further replies.