Stage 1, ta performace alum heads, blowing smoke and oil out of both breathers after fresh rebuild. less then 300 miles on engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
BLOWING oil out of breathers is an engine issue not an ignition issue. You should know the difference.

Chuck, I posted on the board not to expose anyone but to find out what my problem was. I posted no emails had no one get involved I’ve been on here since 2001 with no issues. Can I post the engine smoking?

Stroker engine.... are the oil ring supports for the pistons in the correct position or even installed? I've seen this happen with the stroker set-ups and that could be the issue

I would not hesitate to call Otto that would be a step in the right direction. Errors have been made and you need a solution, looking at it your car will be down for awhile. Take your legal action and proceed to getting your car fixed properly.. Sorry to hear of all the issues you went through, keep your head up wishing you all the best.

“All that being said I can not nor can anyone proove what has happened to this car after it left Virginia. It is a turbo buick after all and a highly modded one at that. High performance work does not carry a warranty!”

Uh... ok? The car has no miles since it left you hardly lol.. As someone that follows you and watched you build this motor on fb, I find it inconceivable that the car would be smoking the same way as when I watched those videos and you not want to get to the bottom of this...

Now, as someone who considered you as my builder I did reach out to you on a few occasions to get a feel for you as a person... completely rude was what I got... you were short and not accurate... but I guess that’s why Richard Clark always seems to be there to lend a helping hand...

I don’t have a dog in this fight but I will say that I hope the best for the OP.. I do however agree that the OP should cover the shipping.. I have been in this situation... accidents happens and the reputable shop handled their mistake, I paid for transport. I never felt good about my communication with Steve V... definite chip on the shoulder there.

ANY reputable builder (especially one that keeps your car for a year) stands by their work... RCG does... Anderson does... Cruz does... Lorenz does... Lee Thompson did...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You blew up the motor the first time not knowing. What you were doing. You destroyed my paint not knowing what you were doing. Your getting other people involved for no reason. Even people close to you saying that you have a chip on your shoulder and should do the right thing. Now your blaming bob baileys tr6. No the tr6 works fine they don’t work well with COPPER plugs. But your the master at this all. You should have done the honorable thing instead of being a weasle and posting nonsense lies. Bottom line is it’s still blowing oil and motor running horrible. I mentioned no names and he proceeded to do so. This was the reason why I came on the board in the first place to get a idea of where to head with this. Oh and he blamed the turbo also for causing the blowing oil so I went with a new turbo and it still did same think. Now I am stuck with a turbo as well

Well, after seeing / reading all of this, I am now thoroughly convinced, as this reaffirms everything that I’ve been thinking, all along! Which is that Steve is a stand up guy, and I want Steve V’s Automotive to build me a Motor!

I mean, any man who will be this up front, open, and honest (furnishing copies of text that some might view as damning), is my kind of guy! That’s for sure!! Steve V, I’ll be PM’ing you!!

OP, I mean no offense / disrespect here at all! However, the man has openly, and honestly agreed to fix your issue. Period! Which should have been the end of this conversation. And yet, you continue to rant, rave, complain, and basically make yourself look like the south end, of a north bound mule!

In all honesty, what you are doing here is only serving to make things look worse on you. So, if you think you’re helping your case, you’re not! In that, all this name calling, will never make you look any better! Matter of fact, imo it has the exact opposite effect! So, why not accept the mans offer, and work with him to resolve the issue? It’s either that, or you can continue to make yourself look bad? Especially when none of this gum flapping will do anything to help you resolve your issue! I’m just saying is all.

BLOWING oil out of breathers is an engine issue not an ignition issue. You should know the difference.

The video you posted is NOT showing “blowing oil out of the breathers”. It’s showing smoke come out of the breathers that can be caused by something as minor as condensation or a PCV issue.

Please post more detailed pictures of the issues you are having with the “blowing oil out of the breathers”. Please take a video after the oil is fully warmed up. Please properly perform a leakdown test and report back.

Whatever happened to the motor before the final build is irrelevant. Yes there were issue however, the issues were found and rectified.

You need to diagnose this particular issue not issues that have been rectified.

Read below. That's my offer to get to the bottom of it. Can't be anymore stand up than that.

I will say it again.

Phil you and the car can come to VA , we will look at all your issues together and a plan. You will get addressed in a reasonable manner, but not at front of the line.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190327-215501_Email.jpg
    Screenshot_20190327-215501_Email.jpg
    384.5 KB · Views: 85
I will never bring my car back to you. you disrespected me in more ways then one. especially sending me an email saying keep everything between us. look at the post not one time did I mention you. but that's ok. I have been on this board since 2001. never not once a problem. I came here with a problem. It turned now into a bigger one. You blew up my motor once which resulted in crank being cut a $3500 billet steel crank, $2000 carrillo rods had to be cut, had to go with a new turbo because the motor blew up then went with a bison 6262. Also you said you wanted to sell my turbo for me sorry metal went through it I will not sell it to someone. NO turbo pat he is not a stand up guy. I will post all the emails shortly.

IT IS A 450hp engine. noting special. no alcohol no nothing. 14lbs of boost. overkill for what I have. but this is what I had. had I know you have been building engines for 3 years I would have not brought it there. but you put a good show on FACEBOOK and YOUTUBE.

“All that being said I can not nor can anyone proove what has happened to this car after it left Virginia. It is a turbo buick after all and a highly modded one at that. High performance work does not carry a warranty!”

Uh... ok? The car has no miles since it left you hardly lol.. As someone that follows you and watched you build this motor on fb, I find it inconceivable that the car would be smoking the same way as when I watched those videos and you not want to get to the bottom of this...

Now, as someone who considered you as my builder I did reach out to you on a few occasions to get a feel for you as a person... completely rude was what I got... you were short and not accurate... but I guess that’s why Richard Clark always seems to be there to lend a helping hand...

I don’t have a dog in this fight but I will say that I hope the best for the OP.. I do however agree that the OP should cover the shipping.. I have been in this situation... accidents happens and the reputable shop handled their mistake, I paid for transport. I never felt good about my communication with Steve V... definite chip on the shoulder there.

ANY reputable builder (especially one that keeps your car for a year) stands by their work... RCG does... Anderson does... Cruz does... Lorenz does... Lee Thompson did...

1. We have yet to find out what his actual issue is since the video is not detailed enough or has enough detailed information to support it.

2. We can’t blame anyone for anything because nothing has been determined.

3. Bottom line is that Steve is and has been willing to take the car back, look it over, and fix the issues.

Example:
Would you blame the builder if you decided to race your car low on fuel and you blew your motor?

No

You starving the motor caused the problem. Not something the builder did.

Again, just an example.

Therefore you need to find the issue first and then the cause of the issue before making any conclusions.

It took 1 year to get your car back with a problem and he wants to put you behind other customers ' " TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE". Steve should jump on it right away or pay to have someone else fix it. I feel your pain, new crank and rods having to be refurbished due to his mistake not cool.

I will never bring my car back to you. you disrespected me in more ways then one. especially sending me an email saying keep everything between us. look at the post not one time did I mention you. but that's ok. I have been on this board since 2001. never not once a problem. I came here with a problem. It turned now into a bigger one. You blew up my motor once which resulted in crank being cut a $3500 billet steel crank, $2000 carrillo rods had to be cut, had to go with a new turbo because the motor blew up then went with a bison 6262. Also you said you wanted to sell my turbo for me sorry metal went through it I will not sell it to someone. NO turbo pat he is not a stand up guy. I will post all the emails shortly.

IT IS A 450hp engine. noting special. no alcohol no nothing. 14lbs of boost. overkill for what I have. but this is what I had. had I know you have been building engines for 3 years I would have not brought it there. but you put a good show on FACEBOOK and YOUTUBE.

It’s a Stage motor that had to get Time Serts put in along with a stroker rotating assembly with aluminum heads.

Nothing special right?

oil is all over both valve covers. coming out of the breathers

Detailed video (after warm up) and detailed pictures please.

The video you posted is not nearly close enough for anyone to draw any conclusions.

Just speculation.

It took 1 year to get your car back with a problem and he wants to put you behind other customers ' " TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE". Steve should jump on it right away or pay to have someone else fix it. I feel your pain, new crank and rods having to be refurbished due to his mistake not cool.
Hi Phil,

Keep all our communication in this email please.

I saw the video, that's blowby.

1st question would be is PCV hooked up and functioning? It that the 1st start since winter. If so drain oil and start over.

List of possible issues:
Improper fueling-base pressure too high, injector spray pattern off, injector dumping fuel.
Bad ring seal-which can be confirmed with leakdown test
Blown headgaskets.

I was pretty clear about how I would address your situation, that still stands.

I did talk to Dave yesterday and he said you sent him the same video. He also said you are talking about buying one of his stage 2 blocks and swapping some parts over from your existing engine to it. New pistons, different rods etc.

I am currently at 21 engines in house, 6 trannys and 8 cars here. You had all winter to make a move and bring me the car to get ahead of these customers. I have the schedule loaded until late 2019/2020 with current stuff. If you choose to deal with me that's the earliest I will commit to digging into it or swapping parts. Dave made it sound like you are going to deal with him.

Yes I know, but I am going to say it again. Your car did none of that here and it was put through it's paces before it was delivered.

Thanks
Steve

It’s a Stage motor that had to get Time Serts put in along with a stroker rotating assembly with aluminum heads.

Nothing special right?

power wise nope. it was already a stroker motor I wanted to put the new heads on it my old heads were m&a 14 bolt aluminum heads. the holes for the extra 6 bolts were a little off and I didnt want to open the holes on the head so I went with timesert. I should have never built this motor again.

Nothing special right?

I didnt have to get timeserts i could have just opened the six extra bolt holes on the one side and it would have been fine. from the factory the extra holes were off a little

Status
Not open for further replies.