SS ATR headers, TH Downpipe

Rose

Formerly t'squick6
ATR stainless steel headers - never been welded and don't leak $650 + shipping
Terry Houston Downpipe - has dent in the side from where headers pushed up against it due to weak motor mounts. This does swing out pretty far and it did burn my fender a little when i ran it. It also 2 bungs welded into it. $300 + shipping obo
20131202_011754.jpg20131202_011823.jpg20131202_011955.jpg20131202_012006.jpg20131202_012128.jpg

Plus ATRs had flanges on them. They didnt use exhaust clamps..

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

These are definitely atr's i bought them in 2002 directly from them. The exhaust clamp i put on the crossover​

I have original SS ATR headers. I bough back in 96...... Those look more like Kenne Bell headers. He used exhaust clamps.

I have original SS ATR headers. I bough back in 96...... Those look more like Kenne Bell headers. He used exhaust clamps.

I told you i put that stupid clamp on after the original wore out in the crossover. Its just a cheap summit one!! There are v-band clamps connecting the crossover to the headers. Not exhaust clamps

Pretty sure that's not a THDP. The radius of a real one doesn't put it close to the fender like the copies. No idea how a motor mount will put a DP into a header though.

Wasn't there 2 version of the THDP? One that fit stock headers and one that would clear KB/ATR design headers?

agree with Josh (broke86)

if you look at where the crossover collector and passenger main ties to the turbo mounting flange there is two distinct weld joints .. the ebay stuff has only one weld joint between the vband and the turbo flange
as to welded on outside of tubes , atr did it both ways , inside early which resulted in a funky ovaled port that didnt seal well and then later welding on outside which improved the sealing to the head because the flange ports were perfectly rectangular ,
the slip clamp and the fence post style clamp are coreect for the headers
aside from the 3bolt they look just like the 4 bolt atrs on my 87TTop
heres my atrs

Attachments

• atr4.jpg
    atr4.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 153
Here the flanges where the crossover connects to the header. Real deal!!!

20131202_103234.jpg20131202_103118.jpg

agree with Josh (broke86)

if you look at where the crossover collector and passenger main ties to the turbo mounting flange there is two distinct weld joints .. the ebay stuff has only one weld joint between the vband and the turbo flange
as to welded on outside of tubes , atr did it both ways , inside early which resulted in a funky ovaled port that didnt seal well and then later welding on outside which improved the sealing to the head because the flange ports were perfectly rectangular ,
the slip clamp and the fence post style clamp are coreect for the headers
aside from the 3bolt they look just like the 4 bolt atrs on my 87TTop
heres my atrs

Thanks man. I can't believe i'm having so much trouble proving these are real.

Attachments

• 1386015193828.jpg
    1386015193828.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Atr flange

I dont see a difference between your his or mine. As stated from Pacecarta they look like his atrs. Why are you beating a dead horse with this issue. Just let the guy try and sell what he has after all maybe yours are not ATR. Damn nothing but killing a guy for trying to sell something.

Guys those are 100% real art headers the early headers were welded on the inside and came with the good clam shell v band clamps
Later versions were welded on the outside to allow for minor clean up on inside of tube. The Chinese wish they could build a set like these.
It's also a real thdp I have had both.