Spyware software

n20junkie

Sponser needed
my comp has a bug, some program that has changed my dam explorer home page and won't let me change it back, anyone know of some good software that will kick this bug, thanks.
Grant

AVG antivirus software is available at www.GRISOFT.com It's available free for home use.

Ad-aware SE is the latest version it's also free for home use its at www.lavasoftusa.com. I just upgrade from ad-adware 6.0 to the SE version and I ran a scan and found 300+ items to delete that 6.0 didn't find.

HTH
David

Yup, Ad-aware will probably get it but you might have to update and run it often if it's a new bug

Originally posted by tom h
"Spybot Search & Destroy" is another very good tool. It can be set to be more aggressive, and will often detect & remove spyware that Ad-aware overlooks.
http://www.spybot.info/en/

I use both tools.

I got spyware and Spybot works best.

You have to start your computer up in "Safe mode" and then run spybot, and it will get rid of it, because in safe mode it doesnt detect your saved files...I think..I dunno, something with safe mode makes it work. Worked for me, so, yea.

Back up your important files first. I just recently did mine with spybot and the one that aol has (aluria, I think) and the spybot crashed my system... took two days to get it back up.

I thought I was doomed as I hadn't backed up recently... it all came back up though.

Vic