sputters under boost

jwheelz1212

hey guys just looking for some input. my 86 gn, 69,xxx miles on it, hot wire kit, vacuum breaks, cold air, garret ta49, pypes catback exhaust, thats pretty much it for mods, car is mostly stock. the car is now running really rich and when you put your foot into it it sputters under boost, car just pops and wont build boost. i just replaced the IAC and that fixed the idle. but i dont know what is making it sputter. could it be the coil pack? thanks,

I had the same problem spent all kinds of money chasing it . First thing buy a scan master . Secondly check all of your hose and vacuum line especially the one the goes to the turbo . It can come off. Check your gas then follow the rest of the instructions you get . Possible fuel pump,coil , plugs , bad wires, . Etc good luck

X2 check all hoses & lines, if you can't see it, put your hands around it, had a coupler on front intake of turbo work off a 1/16 of an inch on the bottom, didn't show itself during visual inspection, but you could feel it. Good to hear you plan on a scanmaster, a must in my opinion.

good thing i listened to you guys! my hose to my turbo had ripped and had a big hole in it. replaced the line and the problem in fixed! thanks guys!

Jwheelz i think you should send me some of the money I saved you that I spent . Well over a grand to find out I uv started there