sputtering , will barely run for a second.

tttype

Last fall needed to move a GN that had been parked for years.
Pulled the cam sensor & primed the oiling system to lube the bottom end.
Thrust washer of cam sensor got damaged then removing so installed new sensor.
Car didnt run very well but drove it across the shop.

Now need to move the car again .
It fires & runs very roughly for a second then dies.

Since cam sensor had been removed I checked it against mark that's 1.45" CCW from TDC mark on balancer. Window was in correct location.

Had a buddy over to recheck using hose off #1 to find #1 firing TDC. It checked out ok.
Checked Can sensor opening window with multimeter. It was dam close but set it closer anyway.

Had to put the cam sensor idea to rest , so just rechecked #1 TDC using #1 intake valve through oil fill hole.

While its running for a second, the throttle has no effect on rpm ?
Once in a while it will for maybe 3 seconds .

Fuel pressure stays constant while running.

Any ideas ?

Bump the cam sensor just a bit
Clock wise
Had the same problem

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I will check into the fuel supply.

Pressure from a rail mounted gauge never drops below 35# while cranking or running.
After a couple starting attempts the area smells of fuel, so I wasn't thinking in that direction.

One weird thing, after engine quits, the fuel pump primes again ? ECM rebooting ?

Turned cam sensor CW a couple times, no change.

Just for my sanity, set cam sensor 180 out. Same reaction.
Swapped sensor cap, no change.
Sensor is getting 7.5V so module is supplying correct power.

Put hose on fuel rail. Filled a gallon in no time, so there is plenty of fuel volume.
Put fuel into a dry lawn mower & mowed lawn, so old fuel is fine.

Car has Translator plus & LS1 maf.
Unplugged translator & installed stock MAF & no change, still stumbles for few seconds & dies.

Maf really doesn't come into play till after the motor running for a few seconds.

What is your coolant sensor reading?

Don't have access to the car at the moment, what is your thinking behind the coolant sensor ?

That looks ok. If it was -57 you might have found the problem.

I'd go back to the last thing messed with before it stopped running. Since you bumped it cw a little try moving cam sensor ccw.

Sitting for yrs... Just because the fuel psi is good, and your mower runs, don't discount what the gas may have done to your injs..
Have seen many a complete set locked up so bad, all they did was dribble.

Sitting for yrs... Just because the fuel psi is good, and your mower runs, don't discount what the gas may have done to your injs..

Like prostrate troubles?

That sounds like it could be the issue.