Sputter Sputter then POP!

rssooner

hi everyone

I had my boost set to around 24lbs and was getting some detonation when I would go WOT so I went to turn down boost by extending the actuator rod. I lengthened it by about 7 turns. I went back out to drive it and as I got into boost it was sputtering. I got into WOT and noticed boost went to 25lbs! I let off and 2 big Pops from the exhaust occurred. I am at a bit of a loss on why this would happen. Doesn't lengthening the rod decrease boost? I am running Alky so that is why I was at higher boost levels to begin with.

Any input would be great.

Thanks

RS

Try resetting the ecm see what happens also look at all your hose make sure there all tight .check the easy things first

What turbo? What downpipe? If thr exhaust housing wastegate hole is to small it won't allow you to lower boost past a certain point. Also when you attempted to lower boost did you check to see if the wastegate puck arm moved and moved freely. If it's stuck the boost won't go down

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

What turbo? What downpipe? If thr exhaust housing wastegate hole is to small it won't allow you to lower boost past a certain point. Also when you attempted to lower boost did you check to see if the wastegate puck arm moved and moved freely. If it's stuck the boost won't go down

I have a TE60 turbo with a 3" THDP. I did not check the waste gate puck. I will do that. Thanks.

Do you know if the alky injection is working properly ? Alky pump pressure is critical . It may spray at idle , but when needed it has to over come the boost pressure .

Besides the detonation at WOT it was running fine before I adjusted the rod so that is why I'm scratching my head.

Any leaks in the hoses for the boost signal to the waste gate will let the WG actuator "see" less than actual boost psi because some is bled off . Check & zip tie all hoses .