Spotted a GN sittin' in the weeds...

Hmmm are those GN wheels on the old purple car?? Maybe it has the GN drivetrain in it as well...offer to buy that one if it does ...:D keep the drivetrain and rims and then sell me the roller for cheeep!:biggrin: I got a nice 400SBC for it.

I spoke with a guy at a shop next door and he went to school with the owner. Says he won't sell. I told him its only worth $2500 now and less the more it sits out. He said the owner is at the shop occasionally, but only between 9pm-3am.

The car is real straight and appeared to be in good condition before being parked. Pretty sure it showed 92k miles.

It would hold up much better if it was parked on concrete and had a windshield shade. :mad:

Hmmm are those GN wheels on the old purple car?? Maybe it has the GN drivetrain in it as well...offer to buy that one if it does ...:D keep the drivetrain and rims and then sell me the roller for cheeep!:biggrin: I got a nice 400SBC for it.

No those aren't GN rims, they look to be a 1970's style 13 finned style turbine rim of some sorts.

Its gone.

Attachments

• unknown.jpggone.jpg
    unknown.jpggone.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 292
sucks to see it like that

i bought a 300zx a relative won on a football pot and had to put about 3K of work into her due to rats living in there and chewing up wiring and crap. swore i'd never get a car that sit's like that unless i knew it was worth it. not sure if you could talk that guy outta it with some cash, but sucks to be just rotting away.

I dont see why you guys care what someone else does with his vehicle. If it rots and he LOSES money in the long run , why do YOU care?

If anything, it sitting for the last 12 years.... saved 144k miles, AND probably saved it from an accident that could have totalled it.

Lots of posters even said is CLEANER than their cars. Someone will pick this up someday and do a full rebuild, which is EXACTLY what would happen if he drove it the past 12 years ... it would need a FULL rebuild ---

Tracked down the owner. He told me that he has had it 6 years. The previous owner blew the engine on the autobahn. :eek:

He's not sure what he is going to do with it. I think it is still outside.

He seemed mildly receptive to selling it. I left him my #. ;)

I dont see why you guys care what someone else does with his vehicle. If it rots and he LOSES money in the long run , why do YOU care?

If anything, it sitting for the last 12 years.... saved 144k miles, AND probably saved it from an accident that could have totalled it.

Lots of posters even said is CLEANER than their cars. Someone will pick this up someday and do a full rebuild, which is EXACTLY what would happen if he drove it the past 12 years ... it would need a FULL rebuild ---

Us Buick guys are a very tight knit group. It does not matter who owns it or where it is, we Hate to see a distressed Buick. Especially a neglected one!

Us Buick guys are a very tight knit group. It does not matter who owns it or where it is, we Hate to see a distressed Buick. Especially a neglected one!

I agree, but I think this would be the same reaction no matter what kinda car it is.

What I mean is, if it were a Chevelle, guys on a Chevelle forum would be upset, if it were a Cobra Mustang, the guys on the Mustang forums would be upset. So on & so forth.

Hell, I'd be upset if it were any special G-body car (SS,Hurst,442, 2+2)

I agree, but I think this would be the same reaction no matter what kinda car it is.

What I mean is, if it were a Chevelle, guys on a Chevelle forum would be upset, if it were a Cobra Mustang, the guys on the Mustang forums would be upset. So on & so forth.

Agreed!

Just think about it ... I DONT have a garage , but I have a decent collection of rare cars out in the elements.

How is a car sitting in a parking lot much different than a car sitting in weeds? ---

Just think about it ... I DONT have a garage , but I have a decent collection of rare cars out in the elements.

How is a car sitting in a parking lot much different than a car sitting in weeds? ---
You have obviously never had a car sit in a field etc etc. When a car sits over dirt gravel etc the moisture in the turf rots the floors and the frame,weeds that turrn into small trees grow up and into places where they do damage and you catch it gettin them out,Critters crawl up said weeds and chew on wiring make nests etc.... Parked on concrete or asphalt most of these things dont happen:eek:

couldn't have been said better :) totally agreed