Sportbike decision

HomeSlice

Hey guys, I'm shopping for a new sportbike and am torn between the kawi zx7r and honda vfr 800. I am probably getting one from the mid to late 90's, can you guys give me your impressions of these bikes? also would the ninja be rideable for any kind of distance? (6'2" 170 btw) thanx in advance

vfr800's are pretty comfy,i rode my friend's a bit last summer.good power too.

dont get a ninja. if you are looking for an all out crotch rocket, get the honda.

IMO You are comapring apples to oranges. You will be crunched up in a ball on the Kaw. The Honda will be a little more comfy but not as good as some of the larger bikes. You may not have concidered it yet but I really like the early 90's CBR 1000. What exactly are you looking for in the bike?

Comfort/touring?
Power/handling?
Sex appeal?

Oh yeah and how much are you wanting to spend?

i'm going to be doing trips of an hour and a half max so if i can handle the discomfort of the ninja for that long i'd probly get it, but i'm sure the more practical choice for me would be the vfr. what are some bikes that would be comparable to the vrf?

the 7R's is pretty sweet. I know a tall chic, 5'10 that rides a 7RR. she has no problems riding it. I dont have problems watching her ride it from the back :D I'ts really a 7R Chassis but her dad put in a 7RR heart. It just feels like a propperly jetted 7R to me. Her boyfriend rides too, he's 6'6 and rolls on a gixxer 1000. when I ride his bike...my legs are pretty relaxed. that ones nice! but he had to get adjustable rear sets and tripple clamp. so he rides a little more up right sorta like the tour bikes or open bikes. I dont know how the VFR8 is, it looks pretty well made and it looks kinda fat. someone like me would have to peg leg it at a stop. Unless you like naked bikes, hooligan bikes as they say, those are pretty trick too.

You may want to take a look at the kawi ZX-9R instead...I am 6'3 and 215 and fit on my buddies nicely..It is probably the Best all around Sportbike out right now{Mix of comfort and power}....And that is coming from a Suzuki Nut..:D ..I have a 95 Gsxr1100...Not much done to it,{Carbs}Bike is as big as your living room couch;) ...But Runs 10.20@131 all day long...Good luck in your search..

I have a 99 Honda CBR 600 F4, and love it. I am 6'4" and it is a pretty comfortable ride. I think that the honda's are more balanced then the Kaw's are but that could just be my opinion. I am thinking of upgrading to a 1300 GSX-R Suzuki this summer if I am not able to find a GN, or TR around here. Who knows, time will tell.
Good Luck either way you go:)

i have a 7r, and am 6'2", 165. i would say look for something else all together. i dont like my 7 nearly as much as my friends r1. the R1 is the most comfortable bike ive rode in awhile. and from experience, i absolutely hate the VFR. id say a Honda RC 51, or F4i. the best bikes out there i think. second would be an R1, or GSXR1000. Hope this helps. My advice is to forget those choices and ride a few others first. Wish i would have.

My tall friends absolutly hate the RC51. I love it. the design leans towards the shorter riders such as myself (5'7) My buddy has an 01 RC51 and it fits just fine. friends 6' and over look cramped on the 51. kinda ironic...they like the cramped feeling off a ducatti monoposto. :rolleyes: 9R's are nice too...I like their mid range grunt. but I have to peg leg it all the time.

im 5'8 160 lbs and i love my zx-9r. i think its the perfect mix of powere and comfort.

if you want more power get a yamaha

more comfort but less power, get a honda

surej

Well, I had an older VFR500 (late '80s) and liked it, but that's not quite the same as the VFR you are looking at. I am only 5'7" and 170, but LOVED my '97 ZX11 for it's relative comfort. I have also ridden a ZX7, CBR600F2, Yamaha FZR1000, GSXR1300 (Hayabusa) and the ZX11 suited me the best for it's comfort and power level. All out power, the "Busa was awesome, of course!

Anyway, I know I wouldn't want to ride a 7 for too far!

This fool i know. He has the money for a GN yet ****ing wants a crouch rocket. Motorcyles are sick dont get me wrong. Smoke anything on the road for sure.....but in all honesty, GN vs. Bike.....maybe its just me but the amount of GN's are decreasing by the day and a new sick bike comes out every week. There shouldnt even be any discsion he needs the GN!!!!:mad:
I know cause freaking insurance prevented me from getting a TTA, everyone needs a turbobuick and the sooner the better.

today i spent most of it driving new toys. i rode a hayabusa, wich was ok. theni took out a zr12 suzuki, and that was better than the 'busa. then a zx12. this is the most comfortable, baddest bike ive ever seen. hands down the winner out of the big bikes. then a new zx6, nice, but the f4 is better. A cbr 954, very comfy, kinda a wierd feeling bike though, not as good as a 900RR. then i got a victory Vegas. nice bike, liked it best out of all the cruisers, includign the shadow 1100, road star, vtx 1800, and the valkerie. so anyway, think about it, and ride a bich of em first. or buy another tr, or tta. but its fun to test them anyway, the guy that came with almost **** when i had the zx12 standing up at 50 though, but he thought it was fun.