Spool faster

hurricanepb

Is there anyway to get your car to spool faster ?? I have a TE6252 and 42 pound injectors , no cat, cold air and a stock converter!

Those Flows are holdin you back some. So is the stock IC.

I've yet to change my IC but lots of guys that went to a bigger inlet IC reported quicker spool up.

I had an old school cross flow flowmaster and went with the pypes,got a little more spool but noticed more the fact that it no longer had an exhaust leak:biggrin:
But when switched out to a dutt neck it did get faster spool and picked up 2+pounds.That was also in conjunction with a previously installed 3" intake/corvette MAF.

Opening up the intake and exhaust will only help a little bit. For that turbo you'll need to step up to a 3000 stall converter to get it to spool properly.

does the stock stall have anything to do with it???

YES.

When you get a new converter, you might as well rebuild the transmission also, unless the trans is freshly rebuilt.

Change the converter to a 3000-3200 and you'll notice a HUGE difference in performance and spool up.

My preference is a TCS 3200 9x11, contact PTS Xtreme and talk with Bruce. 916-739-0510

-Adam

Those Flows are holdin you back some. So is the stock IC.

I've yet to change my IC but lots of guys that went to a bigger inlet IC reported quicker spool up.

You don't know that. The age old ''flow masters chambers are not designed for turbo cars'' is obsolete. There are flowmasters that are pretty good now. Until we know which model he's running, we can't say that. Does the torque converter have anything to do with it? Yup. A 10" 3000 will be good. And the intake/outlet doesn't have that much to do with it? I think it does a little. You put a 4" maf pipe on there, with a good maf, and a 20 dollar manual boost controller, and a 3" DP with no cat, and a nice exhaust system, and you'll notice a difference I promise.

As far as the IC neck deal... I just replaced my stock IC with a dutt necked version, and got NOTHING. No quicker spool, no increase in boost, nothing.
I'm guessing it's like the whole 4" maf pipe, but with a 3.5" maf debate..
Ok, so the neck is bigger... well just 2 feet up the line, your throttle body is still the same diameter as it was before your dutt neck replacement.... so how does a slightly bigger IC neck help spool up? I'm not seein' it....
I think it's a farce personally. All you did was let the air get stacked up to that restrictive throttle body 1 full second faster... If the throttle body never opened up, how's a slightly bigger ic neck gonna change anything. And what about the intercooler OUTlet? That's still the same diameter too...

At any rate. Do the converter, maf tube, downpipe and manual boost controller, and see what happens. I promise you you'll be impressed.

Though... what kind of headers are you running? And are you sure you don't have any exhaust leaks pre turbo?

You don't know that. The age old ''flow masters chambers are not designed for turbo cars'' is obsolete. There are flowmasters that are pretty good now. Until we know which model he's running, we can't say that.

Ok what Flowmasters are you referring to?

My TR came with delta flows on it, switched over to an Ultraflow set up, had better spool up.

Do these new Flowmasters you speak of flow like crazy, like an Ultraflow muffler does? Can you post the actual cfm test numbers?

Can I post numbers... lol. As if I work for flowmaster themselves. No son, I can't post numbers... So of course I must be lying.....