Spoiler install

BuckeyeTroop

My Hawks spoiler should be finished tomorrow. I am having a very reputable bodyshop do the work. I have seen the step by step install using the sheetmetal screws that was posted. The bodyshop is suggesting 3M tape along the sides instead of the mounting screws. What do you guys think. Any experiences with this kind of mounting. Thanks

Not seen anyone use the 3M tape ... its very strong and the spoiler is very light but I would be concerned the 3M tape would take the paint off and come loose after a while with vibrations and airflow forces etc.

Fixing the screws in the spoiler is straight forward and would allow you to remove the spoiler if needed as well so I would go the screw route ... I do recommend using stainless screws doing this.

Thanks Jan, I'm going to take the screws over in the morning and discuss, but I see your point.

I would hate to be going 90 MPH and look in the side view mirrow and see the final second of my new spoiler's life as it lifted and disappeared into the wind.

Ask your body shop if they will replace it free of charge should it take a hike....I bet the use screws.

My Hawks spoiler should be finished tomorrow. I am having a very reputable bodyshop do the work. I have seen the step by step install using the sheetmetal screws that was posted. The bodyshop is suggesting 3M tape along the sides instead of the mounting screws. What do you guys think. Any experiences with this kind of mounting. Thanks

What kind of price are they quoting for the install? I'm in NC and things are usually on the expensive side down here. I was quoted $300 for the wing install and an extra $200 if they need to refinish the back of the hatch where it attaches - looks like there is rust where the wing sits on it.

I would go with the screws by the way.......

I'm not being charged anything for the install and the paint is only $50. I know the owner so you you can't go by that, but I would think $300 for install is way overpriced.