Splash Guards

LM1999

Do spash guards (mud flaps) help save the rear quarter panel paint from derbris and the occational burnout? Kirban has some OEM ones that look ok.

Sure they will. I have had them front/back for years and I haven't had a stone chip since.

You can even do the paper clip trick to secure them so you don't use screws. Easy to take on and off. Can't think of the exact name of the clips, the ones that are black. Been thinking of doing this when I get the car out this spring.

They are called Binder Clips, and I believe ACCO makes them. Try your local office supply store.

Funny you should mention those binder clips. That's exactly what holds mine on. :)

I used the factory wheelwell trim screws and drilled some holes in the plastic where they didn't line up.

These were the factory aftermarket BUICK ones they sell at the parts counter in GM dealerships.

Thanks for the replies. I guess it is a good investment. The look is cheesy but a cheap fix to save the paint. Just curious, can someone explain the binder clip trick?

There really isn't a trick. You place the rear flaps where they need to be and use the binder clip to attach them to the lip of the wheel well. This holds them right in place and saves you from having to drill into the lip for screws.