Spiting and sputtering

BGarrett

Went to drive my 87 GN yesterday and when i give gas it hesitates then started to spit and sputtered as lack of a better word. Giave it more gas and it ran fine until a had to stop and it would do the same thing. The facebook guys went from bad gas to cleaning the MAF sensor. Any help would be most helpful.
Thanks

Reset the chip then unplug the o2 sensor. Leave it unplugged and go for a ride. It will set a code for open o2 circuit but its ok to drive for a test. If the problem went away, replace the o2 sensor with a denso.

Reset the chip then unplug the o2 sensor. Leave it unplugged and go for a ride. It will set a code for open o2 circuit but its ok to drive for a test. If the problem went away, replace the o2 sensor with a denso.
Thanks so much but i am a novice and don't know a whole lot about this. How do i go about it. Thanks again

To reset ecm, Unplug the small orange wire by battery for a few seconds then plug it back in.

The 02 sensor is in the header under the turbo facing the driver side. Trace the wire to the plug. Usually located in front of intake area on passenger side of alternator.

Gotta love the newbs, do like Rick says, could be o2. Could be maff, start car and tap it with a skrewdriver, listen to what engine does. If not those two then your gonna need more in depth data to get any help unless you just start changing parts like coil pack, module, plugs,wires, battery, alternater ect.

To reset ecm, Unplug the small orange wire by battery for a few seconds then plug it back in.

The 02 sensor is in the header under the turbo facing the driver side. Trace the wire to the plug. Usually located in front of intake area on passenger side of alternator.
Thanks for all your help.