Spindle interchangeability

turbotest

Are the spindles in early model regals the same as 84 and up models?
I have spindles from an 81 regal to install on my 85 but need to know if they are the same? Thanks.

I think in 81 or 82 the thread pitch on the wheel studs/rotors changed but the spindle them self should be fine. I think the castle nuts TPI are the same

All 1979-1988 G-Body spindles are the same. Stay away from the 1978 year. Those use a different outer bearing which means they also use different rotors. They are also the same spindle used on the 1982-1998 2WD S-10/Blazer and 1999-2003 2WD S-10 trucks.

Will an 85 brake rotor work on an 81 spindle? I want to keep the lug nuts metric... Or do i get to use all the stuff from the 81 on the 85?

but arent the wheels studs parts of the disc brake itself? i was planning to use the 81 spindle with the 85 brake hardware including the disc brake itself. Possible?

but arent the wheels studs parts of the disc brake itself? i was planning to use the 81 spindle with the 85 brake hardware including the disc brake itself. Possible?
yes.. it will work. the only difference between the two setups is the metric studs they put in the later models.

You cant just interchange the studs on the rotor. The holes are a different size. You have to use the complete rotor. For as cheap as rotors are I wouldn't waste the time reaming out the holes to work. Assuming they are the smaller of the two holes.