Speedometer error How 2 Fix?

QWIK4ASIX

Hi guys. My speedo is reading way high, like 20 to 25 mph faster than I'm traveling. I have the stock wheels on my car w/ 235/60/15s on them. Never had a problem in the past, but the car was stolen and recovered and now my instrument cluster(analog dash) is F'd up. My factory tach. is fubar as well, reads 2500 to 3 grand at idle. Not only does this just irritate me, its also triggering the governor on my speed too early. I have an old hyper chip in it now, and have tried my pitbull chip as well, and both seem to shut me down at around 100mph or so (actual). How much of a PITA is this gonna be to fix? Any help you can give me would be MUCH appreciated. TIA.

have you hooked a scannmaster or scanner to the car to confirm the speed at the dash is the same as the speed the ecm sees ?

you could recalibrate the dash gauge but if the ecm is seeing the same +20-25 as you say than the fix isnt the dash its the gears in the trans .

if the ecm is showing correct speed than you just have the speedo head recalibrated .

for the tach. casperselectronics.com can send you a recalibrated tach /boost gauge and then you send back your core (for a fee of course)
and lastly get a good modern chip ,hyprtech and pitbull may have too much timing unless you are running race gas
. most new chips dont burn in a speed limiter. the stopping at 100 your feeling may be that your encountering KR and the car is pulling out lots of timing

dont smash the chips, send them to turbotweak.com for cores and get a great chip at a better price .

Was anything changed because of the theft? Did the rear or tranny get replaced. If the rear was replaced, then you may have the wrong gears in there. If the tranny got replaced, then you may have the wrong speedo gears.