Speedometer analog dash removal/vss

turbobooster

Ok guys Ive started on this project already so no turning back I'm replacing the speedometer cable but since I have this apart and somewhat out I'd like to replace the vss here's my delimna to the right of the speedo cable is a connector with 3 wires held on by a small ass screw that I can't seem to get to? So now my question is, is that the vss sensor? Or what am I missing here because I looked up the vss on the autozone website and it looks nothing like that connector with the small screw in it, I'd like to see a pic of the back of the speedo cluster with the vss in place I'm begining to think that isn't the vss thanx

thats the optic end of the vss ,
you need a 3/16 socket to remove the screw
it just pulls out
, now follow the wires down and they go to a green box thats over by the left corner of the radio , that green box is the vss buffer and it has connectors on the end that have to be pulled off

I'd keep your stock one unless it is bad. Who knows where the autozone one came from? You might want to get a 145mph speedo though :cool:

Sorry for the dumb questions I just took a look at the vss and I see the hole for the 3/16 screw on the optic end I'm guessing that black connector is just called the optic end of the vss it makes sense now thanx alot for ur guys help if I run into any problems I will ask again for help and advice thank you