Speedo Adjustment

I got a car with the 145MPH overlay already in the dash. The speedo was not calibrated for this and the needle still moves as though it was an 85mph speedo. Wondering if anyone knows where I can get the proper gear for the cluster so I can actually tell how fast I am going.

You will have to bring the speedo to a place that specializes in calibrating them. Not a simple gear change. Google speedometer repair to find someone in your area.

I ended up sending mine to Kirban and had his service do mine. If all else fails that could be an option for you. And the overlay is Marks custom white one that matches my phantom gauges.

those early BGC 145mph speedo setups used a .60 reducer (small inline gear box) at the speedometer cable which would install either under hood or at transmission
if you can find one they arent cheap and if you do run one and want to have lockup or cruise be aware the adapter screws up the speedo readings to the VSS so those features wont work as designed ...lockup wont occur until over 80mph and cruise wont be able to enable until over 45 mph and the resolution being reduced by 60% will cause errors in the cruise control operation

I was trying to shy away from that box because of everyone saying it messes up pretty much everything but the speedo. I am going to make an attempt at calibrating it myself, I have found several sites on how to do it, so I figure I will attempt it and if it doesn't work I believe I have a back up, or will just get another one. From what I have read and seen, I am hoping it will be as simple as adjusting the spring. However there is a magnet in there that I may need an electromagnet for if the spring wont adjust far enough. If anyone has any one can shed some light on any of this and either confirm or discredit it please speak up! If all goes as easy or hard as I believe and I can do it, I will do a write up on it so other people can try.

Go to your local dealership and ask them who they send their speedo's to for calibration. Why fool w/it?

Well that's what kept coming up, but I would rather not ship it if I don't have too and I'm about 2-2.5 hours away from there