speeding ticket

WE4 WARRIOR

I live in new York and got a speeding ticket in Virginia 83 in a 70. it was written as reckless driving. anyone been thru this and what was the outcome.

You can't pre pay for a reckless ticket, gotta go to court. Where were you pulled over at?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Better get an attourney on that. probably worth the coin I'd he can get it reduced or dismissed.

Emporia makes there $$$ on speeding tickets. Get a lawyer, should be able to get it reduced but gonna cost you.

I used to live in Va and the state troopers don't play when it comes to speeding. I suggest you get a good lawyer because court system will throw the book at you. Not only that the fines for moving violations have gone way up. Example I got a no seat belt ticket last month. Ticket was $25 bucks, but court cost was $135 bucks. My friend just got the same ticket 2 days ago. Ticket was $25 bucks, court cost $235. Get a god lawyer!!!!

I absolutely hate driving in VA. Can be fun but they take the fun out if it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought we were exempt from speeding tickets! Everyone knows these turbos run more effiently at 80mph. So we are just trying to save the environment.
Good luck with your ticket!

Emporia is notorious for dishing out speeding tickets. Got one there myself. I was doing 6 mph over. They make thousands from all the people stationed in the Norfolk area.

Count yourself lucky, one of Jalopnik's writers just spent 3 days in jail for speeding in Virginia.
Sounds like a crappy place to be a lead-footed car enthusiast!
http://jalopnik.com/never-speed-in-virginia-lessons-from-my-three-days-in-1613604053[/QUOTE
You really don't want to get pulled over in most small towns in VA,. the "good ole boy system" is in full force. I will refrain from overloading this websites servers with stories, but I will say that the Feds fired 11 leo's in Westmoreland County where I have my weekend home a few years ago. If there were 11 bad apples, there are at least 11 more that are partially rotten. The rule in VA is a day in jail for every mph over 90. I do wonder what other factors were involved in that mans case.

Wow, reading the posts here made me read the Jalopnik article, that story is crazy. VA just got crossed of my list of places to travel to.