speed

T2112GIRLFRIEND

my boyfriend ran a 12.40 111mph my first time at englishtown. he says a new chip and rear brakes will help. i think he needs a roll-bar too. what do you think? what else can we do to get better times. he has an 87 turbot, newer engine, new trans, delphi 50s, jim testa chip, ta 60,esp front movat,protorque 10 inch converter, terry houston downpipe,2&1/2 hoooker exhaust,ported plenum,power plate,smc alky, champion ported irons, & ported intake. -addicted to racing...t2112girlfriend

i know what you should do. if you have any friends, or a sister that linke and knows as much about cars as you do, tell them i have a cool car too, and i'm single.

no NEED for a roll bar, yet. 11.99 is when its required, that last .40 will probably take some time to drop. to me it sounds like hes running a little slow for what he has done. there is one think i didnt' see you say. how about slicks, or at least et streets.

i'd give 55 gallons of c16 for a girl like you. because you might know what that is!

Well, bigger injectors with the compatible chip and lowers, uppers boxed rear arms with poly bushings to transfer the TORKE , proper rubber, race gas and turn up the BOOST. Gilles.

Originally posted by denn454

no NEED for a roll bar, yet. 11.99 is when its required, that last .40 will probably take some time to drop. to me it sounds like hes running a little slow for what he has done. there is one think i didnt' see you say. how about slicks, or at least et streets.

Also I heard Of a new rule that if you tell them youre car has a stock turbo, computer,And youre car is running street legal tires and has plates etc.Then they will let you run up to 11.50.

It has to do with some of the new street cars being quicker then 11.99 and nhra still wanting to let them run in street class etc.

I am gonna try it this week.Since my turbo looks somewhat stock.

Well, he's already got the mph for about another .2 sec off the et, on average, so start with the 60' stuff to get all he can with the power he's already making. Does he have a line lock so he can do a burnout without cooking his rear brakes? How much boost can he hold on the brakes? What tires? Does he run at least a passenger side airbag in the rear? What kind of shape are his rear control arm bushings and control arms in? If everything is currently stock, then boxing his lower arms (the uppers are much less important at his power level) or going to aftermarket tubular arms will help a lot. If he boxes his arms, better bushings are also needed - harder rubber 1Le bushings at least, or graphite polyurethane if he wants. This is all to keep the rear from squirming around under torque. An airbag on the right rear helps preload that tire to balance the traction (I'm also assuming a posi rear, if not then that's a big next step).

Is he running race gas or 93 octane and alky? 111 mph isn't bad with his mods for straight 93 but is low if he's using the alky and running over 22-23 psi boost. What does he use for tuning? A laptop and turbolink or directscan is the best way to go. DS gives the most data which makes finding a good tune easier.

If he's running slicks he'll need the bar at 11.99 even with the new rule, and it will stiffen everything up and help his 60' anyway, so I think it's great to be planning ahead for it since with some traction work and tuning he'll be there before you know it.

You posted info about parts but does he have a scan tool? What where the o2 and knock readings? What boost was he running and how much boost did he launch with? What where his 60' times and what kind of tires was he running? Does he have air bags in the rear springs? What rpm is he shifting at? How much timing is in the chip? Was he running pump or race gas and if he was running race gas was he also trying to spray alky at the same time (that doesnt work too good). Copy paste this list with answeres in your response:

Details of the run:
60'
330'
1/8
MPH
1000'
1/4
MPH

Screen Name or Car Number Here
EMPTY WEIGHT:
BLOCK:
HEADS:
CAM:
TRANSMISSION:
TORQUE CONVERTER:
DIFFERENTIAL:
INTERCOOLER:
THROTTLE BODY:
RJC POWER PLATE:
INJECTORS:
THERMOSTAT:
TURBOCHARGER:
VALVE SPRINGS:
MAF:
DOWN PIPE:
EXHAUST:
FUEL PUMP:
FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR:
FUEL PRESSURE:
ALCHOHOL INJECTION:
PROPAIN INJECTION:
NITROUS:
AIR FILTER AND AIR INTAKE:
TIRE DESIGN, SIZE & AIR PRESSURE:
AIR BAG(s):
SUSPENSION:
SCAN TOOL:
FUEL:
CHIP:
CHIP TIMING:
KNOCK RETARD:
OXYGEN SENSOR VOLTAGE:
EXHAUST GAS TEMPERATURE:
TRACK ELEVATION:
TEMPERATURE:
PEAK BOOST:
BOOST AT LAUNCH:
MILES ON THE CAR/ENGINE:

guys ,i created a monster.:D anyway , i was only running 17 pounds of boost and only left the line with 1 pound. couldnt hold anymore. got to redo the rear brakes. that was with a street chip. not to bad of a day considering i havent ran the car in 4 years. 11s are for sure with my next trip to the track.:D you gotta give me some time to teach my women about these cars. like i said i created a monster. its great.:D

Dude, you're the luckiest ass in the world, I'll have you know.

I wish my girlfriend was even the slightest bit into cars. Her first time to the track with me was her last time. :(

I dunno, maybe its a good thing, so I'm not dragging her around. Some enthusiasm would be nice though!

Yours even posts on the message boards! :eek: