Special tool to install wheel studs onto axles?

you don't have any generic stock style lug nuts and washers laying around?

put the stud in, put a washer on- with a layer of grease on both sides- and screw the lug nut on with the flat face against the axle flange... a couple of good blasts with an impact or a few turns of a 1/2" ratchet or breaker bar and the stud is in..

I've got the lyle one ad it works great. Less expensive and I've had it about 10 years now without any problems or issues.;)

you don't have any generic stock style lug nuts and washers laying around?

put the stud in, put a washer on- with a layer of grease on both sides- and screw the lug nut on with the flat face against the axle flange... a couple of good blasts with an impact or a few turns of a 1/2" ratchet or breaker bar and the stud is in..

x2

stack of greased washers and an old lugnut flat face to washers , grease the threads where the nut will be too
if you need more than that then the knurl is too big

The only problem with trying to impact a 3+ inch long stud is the socket on the impact runs out of room as it draws it in. Then you have to use lots and lots and lots of washers, cut some pipe to make a spacers, then more washers and more wd40 etc...

Look and see if you have a Harbor Freight store in your area. I picked up a kit last year and was around $20. Works like a charm

19mm 1/2" socket as a spacer, one washer and a old lug nut. did mine yesterday, used a little oil on the threads