Special thanks to PetesGN (5.0 content inside)

Sixt9coug

Well hello guys. Yeah I realize I seldom ever post after I decided that buying a turbo Buick just to wind up having to park it on the street in a bad neighborhood was probably not a good idea.

Soooo why does this thread exist? Well I now own a 5.0L Mustang. A 1994 that I bought a while back that had a problem that I could not figure out at all. After many many slow steps, missteps and dead ends a Turbo Buick guy came to my rescue.

Mr. Pete (PetesGN on this board) has been my savior many times in the past for many things automotive related. This time however he put in more hours than anyone else was willing to. With his help, we got my car fixed and now it runs like new. So despite being a Ford guy, and making him work on a 5.0L of all things, he came through when it counts and took enough pity on this Ford guy to help put a 5.0L back on the road in fine form.

Oh, yes, it is still significantly slower than anything else on this board. :) So feel free to rag on it all you want.

IMG_4022-1.jpg

Consider it the same as raising chickens or growing tomatoes. You have to do it so that you can have something to eat.:D

Nice car btw. :)

Nope. The tell tale sign is the rear taillights. I forget but if the taillights are horizontal I believe it's a 5.0.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

I did some lookin and I believe you are correct, looks like might it be 96 and up on the 4.6. Learn somethin new every day. In my seaches to verify the validity of that statement i came across this. Buy a truck, get a Mustang free. This doesn't say much for mustangs.

Dodge : Ram 1500 : eBay Motors (item 220593234560 end time Apr-27-10 18:33:28 PDT)

Nope. The tell tale sign is the rear taillights. I forget but if the taillights are horizontal I believe it's a 5.0.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Yes, the stock tail lights are horizontal on these years but I swapped mine out for the 96-98 style lamps. I never liked the horizontal ones. Too 80s louvered looking for my taste. The 94 and 95 GT's had 5.0Ls still. 96 went to the 4.6L even though it was basically the same body.