Spearco Intercooler installed

Mr.Buick

Well it's installed now! I also put in the SMC alcohol injection system. If you want to see some pictures go to Webshots.com and do a search for mrbuick101 and take a look. The install went sweet no real problems. The only body modifications needed was to cut about an inch of sheet metal where the tubes go through by the head lights. The kit was very complete and all parts needed were in the kit. The only thing I changed from the directions was to weld the Spearco bracket to the modified wastegate bracket. It took me two days (Sat. Sun) about 12 hours total. I could do it in half that time now that I know what to do, but I wanted to go slow and make sure I didn't screw anything up. All I can say is if you have been thinking of intercooling your 84-85 hot air car it really gives you a performance boost and is not hard to do. The only thing I would say is if your planning on radically modifing you engine with larger turbo, injectors, ported heads, cams, larger up and down pipes then go with the Postons kit. It has larger tubing to the intercooler, but if your close to stock like me the Spearco is great. Take a look and let me know what you think

Tried to view your photos at Webshots, but could not bring them up. I have part of the Spearco system. The pipes and adapters, but no intercooler. Do you think a stock 86/87 would work or how about a large Ford powerstroke. I would like to locate a Spearco at a reasonable price. Would still like to see your photos. Would it be possible for you to e-mail them to me? Thanks Hal

Checked out the photos of your installation of the Spearco setup today, Thanks for the e-mail and taking the time. Your setup looks first class. By the way what year Olds is that radiator out of?Thanks again Hal

Olds radiator

1985 Olds 442 radiator for V8. I should have gotten the frame supports when I was there, but gone when I stopped later. I just got the Hooker exhaust system and should be able to get it installed this weekend.

hey mr buick just like the other guy i was really interested in seeing ur artwork in ur car but also had difficulty bringin up the pics id really appreciate it if u could send them down my way as well im so close to buying the poston i/c kit but would like to see urs to hsave an idea thanx for any info :cool: