Speakerworks GN

I nominate myself to restore the system Back to those days for richard....the car currently has a kenwood system...that has to go....
Anyone want to help?it would be cool if he would let us do this for him...

I nominate myself to restore the system Back to those days for richard....the car currently has a kenwood system...that has to go....
Anyone want to help?it would be cool if he would let us do this for him...

You will have to fight me for a spot on that:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

You will have to fight me for a spot on that:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I was lucky enough to see the car a couple years ago,it was like I Was seeing an old friend for the first time in twenty years (me and richard used to compete in car audio long before the buick bug hit us).
I mentioned the intrest of redoin the car......he said there was a long line ahead of me,lol...

I was lucky enough to see the car a couple years ago,it was like I Was seeing an old friend for the first time in twenty years (me and richard used to compete in car audio long before the buick bug hit us).
I mentioned the intrest of redoin the car......he said there was a long line ahead of me,lol...

Oh really, I would love to see that thing... I really can't imagine how good it sounds...

Maybe we can get him to bring it out for the Nats:eek::biggrin:;):cool:

I have all intentions of doing a wild GN. I have a perfect body sitting on a rotisserie waiting for the green light. I want to do a completely NEW interior that is 2012ish:cool: I have very creative fiberglass guy so we can make about anything:cool:

Oh really, I would love to see that thing... I really can't imagine how good it sounds...

Maybe we can get him to bring it out for the Nats:eek::biggrin:;):cool:

I have all intentions of doing a wild GN. I have a perfect body sitting on a rotisserie waiting for the green light. I want to do a completely NEW interior that is 2012ish:cool: I have very creative fiberglass guy so we can make about anything:cool:

it needs to see daylight again for sure:)......how can we convience him??:eek:....

im in the design stage of my turbo regal also;)......sounds like a sound off might be a viable option for the nats??? ill bring the audio control sa....richard would disown me,but i still prefer spl over sq....:eek:

it needs to see daylight again for sure:)......how can we convience him??:eek:....

im in the design stage of my turbo regal also;)......sounds like a sound off might be a viable option for the nats??? ill bring the audio control sa....richard would disown me,but i still prefer spl over sq....:eek:

This sounds like a wonderful idea!!!!

Blast from the past of my car audio days. Every single issue of Car Audio had an Ad with that car.

I was big time into car audio back in the 80's and that was THE system in THE car to beat! The car was awesome when Speakerworks first came out with it but Richard Clark took it to an even higher standard that was just completely off the charts. I always liked the fact that it wasn't a flashy system - very stealth. I believe it is the only car that has retired from the pro division of sound off competition undefeated. I'd be willing to bet he could drag it out of retirement in the same configuration from 20years ago and still kick butt. I would love to get to actually see/hear that car some day.

Does it still wear the speakerworks graphics and wheels? I liked the exterior of the car as much as the interior.

I used to own a car stereo shop back in the late 80's/early 90's and competed in the pro class in shows all over the south.
One show in the summer of 90 i was fortunate enough to get a personal 15 minute demo from Richard Clark in the car and was just simply blown away. I don't think i spoke for an hour after the demo--my wife asked me what was wrong. I just told her i didn't know how to describe what i just heard. I thought at the time i was pretty skilled at car audio--i found out i didn't know squat!!HAHA:biggrin:

Thanks for the great memory.:cool:

Believe me, us locals have been on Richard for quite a long time to get that car out. Matter of fact last night we asked him about getting it out, but Richard said he had too many projects going on to mess with it:(

That car set a bar that was unbeatable. Only in the last few years did a regal get to that level again w/ Gary Biggs old car. Ironically it was a VERY simple set up also that was all about location and enclosure designs. Funny how 6 speakers can dominate SQ year after year.
I'd be down to just wash RCs car....legendary....and a legendary Genius at the helm.

I heard it at the Masters in Bogart,GA which happened to be the first time RC brought it to an event. No need for 100 speakers and 500# of fiberglass!