Speakers

I'm replacing my 16 year old speakers, and GM, in their infinite wisdom, didn't bother to make it obious which wires are positive and which are negative. I think I have it figured out, but if someone could confirm my suspicions I would appreciate it. For example, the front speakers have a shielded connector, and I assume that is the positive lead. Again, any help would be appreciated.

Ryan

not positive but if you hook both up(just connect them somehow) and make sure they are in phase meaning that they hit or play at the same time, phasing is manly for bass too, if you hook them up wrong they will still work but just reverse the way they make a complete circuit, so unless you are going for a competition or looking for great bass it doesnt really matter but you can check with a wiring diagram

Originally posted by Turbo Ryan
I'm replacing my 16 year old speakers, and GM, in their infinite wisdom, didn't bother to make it obious which wires are positive and which are negative. I think I have it figured out, but if someone could confirm my suspicions I would appreciate it. For example, the front speakers have a shielded connector, and I assume that is the positive lead. Again, any help would be appreciated.

Ryan

Go to Radio SHack or a stereo shop and ask to see a radio install kit. Jot down which is which. Or post in the car stereo section and wait for Zam or Audiowizard to reply

SOrry, I dont recall offhand which is pos/neg

I have a complete system in the for sale section all items are a little over a year old and work great. Complete system for $300

Dan

wire closest to black is the negative on the front speakers
in the rear, the lighter color is negative

Front:
lt grn+ dk grn-
tan+ grey-

Rear
dk blue+ lt blue-
brown+ yellow-