Speaker Box(the love below)

BIG HEAD CHRIS

Whats the formula for finding the cubic feet of a box?The one I'm building is sort of triangle shaped.The dimensions are 9"across the base,by17"tall,by 3"across the top,and is 60"long.Its for my truck,behind the seat.Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated.

your dispacement , by your measurements, is 3.54 cuft total...

If those are exterior measurements, it'll run a little smaller.

it's length X width X height / 1728

Triangular shapes are divided in half again.

In your box you have one rectangular area (3x17x60/1728)
and one triangular area (6x17x60/2/1728)

Don't forget - you need to figure for interior volume. You need to subtract the thickness of the material from the overall length, width, and height.
Example: one of my boxes is 38x16.5x24 or something like that. That would be 36.5x15x22.5 since the HDF is .75" thick. If this box was not split and if it were sealed instead of being slot ported (you have to also figure in displacement for port, and in this example I'm not taking into consideration the divider in the middle) the volume (interior) would be about 7.13 cubic feet (3.565 cubic feet per sub). It is in reality not this volume because of the displacement of the slot ports and the subs themselves, but this is just an example.
Good luck with everything!

Thanks for the pointers.Got the system in the truck mid week.It sounds ridiculous!Thanks again for the use of the grey matter.