spark plugs

84 Sleeper

I've got a stock setup and was wondering about what plugs I should use and at what gap. I keep seeing these commericals about e3 plugs but I don't know if they will be good for the tr. Any input would be great thanks

This has been beat around forever.
The TR normally will run best with copper plugs & doesn't run well with most of the "special" plugs.

R43TS gapped at .032

Agreed. I've been running the CR43TS's for a while now, no problems. In fact, my PowerLogger recorded about 30.5psi of boost Friday night at Cecil County. No problems and the car ran great.

The NGK UR5 pn# 2771 has had very good results as well. Stay away from the fancy stuff, TR's don't seem to like them. I had E3's in my 2002 Monte Carlo SS (3.8L car) and it ran like dirt with the E3's and got worse quickly. Pissed me off since I had a good set of Denso Iridiums in the car and it ran great. Use the NGK's or the GM's in a, Anything else is a waste of money on a TR. Like the others said, I too have personally beat this one around the bush trying different plugs for myself. Ack, what a waste of time and money. Rockauto.com probably has the best price on plugs. You can search by part number if you are looking for a non stock application. (Which both of the GM CR43TS and the UR5 pn# 2771 are)

i know this is a older post but i was wondering about plugs and didn't know if i had the right ones also for my combo. I have a 87 precision 5431 turbo 50 lb injectors tt chip for 93 octane and 16-18lbs of boost 18-20 timing. I am running the ngk ur4's b/c that is what came in the motor when i got the car. should i go to the ngk ur5's?

Sounds like you may be running one heat range too cold for your combo. If you are not having issues you should be ok. They are cheap so you could try UR5's if you wanted to. I'm running 25 psi with Alky, 91 octane and a TE-60 with a PTE front mount as well as all the other stuff in my signature.

i think i need to try the ur5's because it seems a little lazy and running a little rich at all the stock setting from my tt chip. Plus i am having a little trouble building full boost on my set up and i wouldn't think i should have a problem. i have a 3200 art carr n/l in the car.