spark plugs

27Skulls

I'm ready to change out the old plugs which are: AC Delco, CR43TS. ACDelco makes a set of Platinum's, #41-803. Are these advisable or a mistake?

my reply to your ? did not come thru. Plugs are worn and need replaced. Looks like it best to stay with a colder plug meaning the CR43TS.

I've been using the NGK Iridium plugs for a couple of years with 93 octane and 20 psi boost and not a single problem so far. I take them out to inspect and clean them every couple of months and reinstall them since they still look brand new and work perfectly.

I know some say these plugs are not supposed to work very well in our turbo regals but the real world testing shows different.

I've been using the NGK Iridium plugs for a couple of years with 93 octane and 20 psi boost and not a single problem so far. I take them out to inspect and clean them every couple of months and reinstall them since they still look brand new and work perfectly.

I know some say these plugs are not supposed to work very well in our turbo regals but the real world testing shows different.

I just acquired a set of NGK iridium & will try them when my copper plugs start giving issues. I've been wanting to see a post from somebody who tried them. Duttwiler (sp) once picked up 200+ HP in a F... changing from copper.

There are alomost as many opinions on plugs as too which turbo to run.

My personal advice and what I give to my customers.

I have not had very good luck with platinum or other fancy shmancy gimick plugs.

I used a CR42TS that seems to work great. I use more boost and yest they require a little more maintenance but seem to give the best bang for the buck in over 21 plus boost apps.

For a stocker with maybe a chip the CR43TS is my choice there.

Now for some reason I decided to try a set of diamond fires in my wifes 03 Mustang GT with 4.6, cold air kit cat back pypes violator exhaust system and basic tune.
The car seemed to idle better and I actaully got about .5 more miles to the gallon. Car seems to run better but not sure of that was due to worn plugs in general or the new plugs.
All the other items are different from even when we first got the car.

I have been thinking of trying them however I perfer not to use the platinum they seem to detonate too much and not perform well.

Thanks, they; CR43TS, are what I've been using and as saying goes, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". I will stay with what works.

Again,

Thanks,

Walt