spark advance vs knock

GNocide

rumors of my death are greatly exaggerated
anyone please. my 97 gtp has these readings on the scanmaster. spark advance stays at 0 always-from idle to 100+.yes i get knock which tops out at around 8 deg usually at 62-66 mph (shift point)or 94 (another shift)when in the quarter.car has cold air intake, 3.4 pulley, gutted cat,180 therm, tr6 plugs and new tune up. also the leanest it gets is 900.confused and concerened.

Sorry, reread your message, realize you are using the scanmaster. I am familiar with snapon and other pro scanners only. Do you have capability to get transaxle data?
Dale

no transaxle data. should i use a snap-on scanner or something?this car could be 13.8x easy but im just at 14.2 now. other cars running 13.9 around here (98-01) have only 3-4 deg of knock and 9-14 deg of spark adv at wot. even at idle the have 25+ deg to begin with.

normally under wot and always at shift points, never at idle but also no spark advance at idle either.

Have you run some 100 octane race gas? If it reduces the KR you may have a pre ignition issue, if not it is false KR and something is banging, causing a sound that the knock sensors are picking up.

You can also try and unplug one knock sensor at a time to zero in on which bank may be the issue.

okay so what ur saying is there are 2 knock sensors located on each side of the engine bank? also i tried 104 unleaded sunoco and only came down 2-3 deg. still had about 6 left.

yes, in the center of the block on each side there is a knock sensor.

Unplug one at a time to help locate which bank you are getting knock from.

did not pull the maf screen because 97 had diff tb/ maf and i was lead to believe it would idle funny.