South Florida TTA in the 10's on a stock longblock!!!!!

86brick said:
Probably framing that 10.94 timeslip:D Speaking of that has anybody else run in the 10's with a stock longblock TTA?? To my knowledge he is the only one...

Bo here went 11.34 on a TA49 stock long block pump gas/alky. Mike S. had run like an 11.25 on a PT51. Postal ran a pretty good number as well.. cant remember his time tho.

I dont know of any other TTA's that have gone 10's on stock longblock. Mark has been trying for a very long time.. good to see him hit his goal. But 33 PSI is an awful lot of boost.

I went 11.16 @ 121 with 3 psi launch and 28psi. I tried 30psi but didnt go one bit faster ET or MPH.

Personally I dont care if Mark was running 40 psi. If he made the 10.xx and the car is still in one piece.... Then thats an A+ job all the way. The question now is will he back it down some or keep going for broke?

I want to be the first into the 9's on stock pistons.

I'm going to try to break into the 9's with a stock....., umm, hmmm, uuuhh, GAS pedal! HA! top that! :D

Jason

I will be at the BMP event. The current combination still has room for improvement. I will be turning the wick up at BMP...hmm 40 lbs of boost that is an interesting ideal. 86 brick you forgot to give credit to Ivan at Tranny Tech (305)819-3030 for the transmission build.As far as a Razor vs Mark showdown. I hope he would beat me by at least a full second(since he has ported heads, cam, fel pro, alcohol and so on).Orlando thanks you for the challenge but, he is just tuning cars right now(Too many kids to feed, He doesn't have money to spend on racing). BTW Razor where is the money you owe me for showing up at the first event and winning the race. :)

postal said:
I'm going to try to break into the 9's with a stock....., umm, hmmm, uuuhh, GAS pedal! HA! top that! :D

Jason

Where's Dr. Boost when I need him :biggrin:

tta359 said:
I will be at the BMP event. The current combination still has room for improvement. I will be turning the wick up at BMP...hmm 40 lbs of boost that is an interesting ideal. 86 brick you forgot to give credit to Ivan at Tranny Tech (305)819-3030 for the transmission build.As far as a Razor vs Mark showdown. I hope he would beat me by at least a full second(since he has ported heads, cam, fel pro, alcohol and so on).Orlando thanks you for the challenge but, he is just tuning cars right now(Too many kids to feed, He doesn't have money to spend on racing). BTW Razor where is the money you owe me for showing up at the first event and winning the race. :)

You're right Ivan builds an awesome 200r4!!!

The BMP event should be a lot of fun :biggrin: :cool:

tta359 said:

Hey I said I would bet you didnt show up.. you didnt take the bet.. but showed up.. we never ran for $$$.. but I will entertain a wager of some kind come Dec.

I'll be gracious and give you the "move" again in street trim :biggrin:

Remember I dont need no stinken race gas to get into the 10's .. I did it on 93 octane and drag radials.. :rolleyes: That water injection kit on my car.. dont worry about it :biggrin: Makes up for Mr. January :D

On a side note.. good to see you finally post.. been a while.

Razor Your more than gracious to me. Racing a top fuel car (your car with high dollar parts) against my stock car doesn't seem to be a very even match???? Race gas verses alcohol, its a matter of preference. I still would like to see a stock long block TTA go into the 10's on your alcohol kit.As far as water injection vs Mr January, its whatever you prefer. Bottom line ... The person that has the most money invested into the car, better be the quickest.... :)

Postal,
You going to the BOP drags at Cordova on SAT 10-8-05? Might be a stock longblock TTA hitting the 10's this weekend.... Lemme know..Should be some buick 6 power there and some chilly weather(40 degrees) :eek:

BTW,
Congrats Mark! Love seeing your car put out some good numbers.

Bo

tta359 said:
Razor Your more than gracious to me. Racing a top fuel car (your car with high dollar parts) against my stock car doesn't seem to be a very even match???? Race gas verses alcohol, its a matter of preference. I still would like to see a stock long block TTA go into the 10's on your alcohol kit.As far as water injection vs Mr January, its whatever you prefer. Bottom line ... The person that has the most money invested into the car, better be the quickest.... :)

Believe it or not.. I may have less in this car than you do in yours.. remember it was bought this way.. I still run stock pistons, stock crank, stock rods, flat tappet cam, etc... nothing hi-dollar..

So I guess a little head work, a slightly larger cam, and computer.. I even have a smaller turbo than you do :biggrin: Its a 64-1

Better get that NAWZ put back on it.. cuase your gonna get sprayed like a bug :eek:

Top Fuel.. hehe

postal said:
Probably blowing up another motor. :D

Jason

He doesnt refer to them as motors.. but weapons of pure Whoop Azzzz :biggrin:

Bo:
I have to work saturday so I'm out for sure. I've watched about two hours of racing all year, and that was at the nats. Its been a terrible year for me...

Razor Your more than gracious to me. Racing a top fuel car (your car with high dollar parts) against my stock car doesn't seem to be a very even match????

HE he he he he....

Razor's the guy who gave me a hard time about spending money on a USED liquid intercooler and for spending less than $300 on suspension parts on EBAY.

Top fuel... Thats pretty bad, but you guys go ahead and give him a hard time, and I'm going to sit here and laugh my ass off! Keep in mind when you're teasing him that if he gets to the finish line first he's going to be the one laughing.

Believe it or not.. I may have less in this car than you do in yours.. remember it was bought this way.. I still run stock pistons, stock crank, stock rods, flat tappet cam, etc... nothing hi-dollar..

Razor's right though $$'s are $$'s, and if you're smart with them you can wind up with alot to show for it. Being on a budget doesn't mean you can't have any goodies. Razor could not have set his old car up like the one he bought with out spending a ton of cash.

Jason

I even have a smaller turbo than you do Its a 64-1

I have a PTE 88 that I picked up for my nephews car. My buddy Odell went low 9's at 153 mph at 23 pounds of boost with it. You could barrow it if you wanted to for that match race. :) I also have that dual ball bearing 66 that will be going up for sale. It may be just the thing you need to get that thing out of the hole. I really don't know how to say this with out being rude but:

Razor, for a top fuel car your TTA's a TURD!

:D

Jason

Jason,
How the nephews car coming long?

While the 64 is not known to be a 9 second turbo.. I think the added "air" will get it there.

Target is 138 MPH. I hit 138 with a decent 60.. it may tip into the 9's.

Razor What happened to the 67 turbo you where running? Regardless you got a lot more parts in your car than I do mine. Good luck running 9's. As far as nitrous goes its just for decoration on my car.

Jason, PM me and lemme know what you want for that 66BB turbo. I have another TTA that needs a bigger turbo. :cool: You need to come up here and shoot the breeze sometime tho.

BTW, If Julio gets a good timeslip and nothing breaks, he is happier than a pig in ****! Trust me, he would dance if no one is looking :D

Bo

My nephews car is coming along both fast and slow. Most of the pieces are in place. The BIG decision left is what to do rear suspension wise. The car is going to be back halfed, but ladder bar or 4 link, then wether to use a universal rear frame kit and suspension, or to custom build my own. This is all being confused by wether or not to keep the back seat. If I can only figure out a way to back half the car, run a 4 link rear suspension, keep the back seat, and install a cool stereo ....

Its much easier to build your own car because you do it the way you want. When your trying to guess what some one else would have wanted even small decisions can get extremely difficult. The big decisions freeze you in your tracks. Alot of the decisions have been made, alot of the pieces are in place, a coule of decisons left to be made, a few pieces left to be picked up, and about $5000 more dollars to pull out of my ass ........

Look for my TTA to sit for a LONG time. I was less than $2000 from having my TTA out with the stage motor. I will have to pay down my debt over my nephews car before I can start putting money into finishing mine.

Jason

tta359 said:
Razor What happened to the 67 turbo you where running? Regardless you got a lot more parts in your car than I do mine. Good luck running 9's. As far as nitrous goes its just for decoration on my car.

That was on my old TTA. The one that had run 11.0 last December. Its still running around. I drove it two months ago at BMP, it ran 11.25 at 24 PSI boost 1.80 60 foot. Went a tad over 100 in the 1/8.. needs tires bad.. that one will be there in December as well to keep you company :) Hopefully with new tires.

I have ways to go before I squeeze.. neat thing is the support for it is already there.. dont know how far this motor will go.. i'll be starting on another one pretty soon. Hopefully in Dec I can start on that.. Need to get it running 10.6's first..