South Florida TTA in the 10's on a stock longblock!!!!!

86brick

It's just a V6 Brick.....
Tonight at Moroso in West Palm Beach Mark T. ran 10.94 @123.27mph in his full weight TTA that has a stock longblock (only thing that has been changed is valve springs).... Here is a run down on the timeslip that I remember...

60'- 1.56
1/8- 6.969
MPH- 98nchange
1/4- 10.94
MPH- 123.27

Basics of his combination:

-TE45A Ptrim turbo
-Mr. January homemade Liquid IC
-3" THDP
-4" custom Mufflex exhaust
-55lb injectors
-double pumper (If I remember correctly)??
-stock ECM modded by Red
-stock GM MAF
-Red Armstrong 106 low timing chip
-Art Carr 3400-3600 stall Non lock converter
-9" rear end with a 3.00 gear (NOT a typo)
-26" M/T ET Streets
-28" tall tire up front
-VP C16 fuel
-And last but not least 33lbs of boost!!!!! :biggrin:

Looked like the tune was still a bit rich so I wouldn't doubt it going faster:eek: Mark has worked very hard on this car, getting the tune right (many late nights with his buddy Orlando) among other things and it is very nice to see it pay off for him... He certainly deserves it! :cool:

Tell Mark congrats..

See if he can bring it to the event with the Fbods in BMP in Dec.

BTW, did he put a cage in it? I know Moroso has been very harsh on anyone in the 11's.. or has times changed?

Ohh.. almost forgot.. as your Boy Laz would say.. dont count if it isnt "backed up" :biggrin:

I'm gonna get hell for this :biggrin:

Razor said:
Tell Mark congrats..

See if he can bring it to the event with the Fbods in BMP in Dec.

BTW, did he put a cage in it? I know Moroso has been very harsh on anyone in the 11's.. or has times changed?

Julio, Mark will be at the BMP rental in Dec. as far as I know... He hasn't put a rollbar in it yet, but Moroso has been a little more lax since the new NHRA 11.49 rule... They told him he could make another pass in the 1/8th (oh yeah did I forget to mention this was his first and only pass off the trailer), but most likely had it not rained he probably would have waited till the end of the night and made one more full out pass..

Razor said:
Ohh.. almost forgot.. as your Boy Laz would say.. dont count if it isnt "backed up" :biggrin:

I'm gonna get hell for this :biggrin:

Not a problem, I'm sure he'll back it up at BMP.... Especially considering the better weather and much better hooking track :D

Pics of the car? Or a video of it running. I always like to see these cars in action.

nwarky said:
Pics of the car? Or a video of it running. I always like to see these cars in action.

Here is a pic of Mark with his TTA at BMP...

http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/commu...olderid=189990&curRec=3&folderview=thumbs&ck=

Here is another pic of a few TTAs running at BMP (I think Mark's is in the far lane, but can't really tell)...

http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/commu...&folderid=189990&curRec=4&folderview=list&ck=

Wish I had a digi camera last night.... I gotta ask Mark if he knows if anybody got it on video....

Mr. Who?

86brick said:
60'- 1.56
1/8- 6.969
MPH- 98nchange
1/4- 10.94
MPH- 123.27

Well i want to know just who this Mr. January guy is so i can get him to build me one of them liquid bad boy's. ;) :D

TT/Ameasap said:
That second pic is Julio taken a serious beating! :tongue: te he

:p :biggrin:

I got beat.. but it dead hooked ;)

Come December revenge will be all mine :rolleyes: hehehe

Thats the nice thing bout racing.. someone wins.. someone loses.. Speaking of racing.... let me go and finish building my stock motor :rolleyes: :biggrin:

TurboT231 said:
86brick said:
60'- 1.56
1/8- 6.969
MPH- 98nchange
1/4- 10.94
MPH- 123.27

Well i want to know just who this Mr. January guy is so i can get him to build me one of them liquid bad boy's. ;) :D

I can introduce you to him sometime, he is a really cool guy :wink:

Razor said:
:p :biggrin:

I got beat.. but it dead hooked ;)

Come December revenge will be all mine :rolleyes: hehehe

Thats the nice thing bout racing.. someone wins.. someone loses.. Speaking of racing.... let me go and finish building my stock motor :rolleyes: :biggrin:

Sorry to bring back the bad memories with that pic... Guess in December we will have to see who the "King" is again?? :D :)

86brick said:
Sorry to bring back the bad memories with that pic... Guess in December we will have to see who the "King" is again?? :D :)

Actually it was good memories.. Any time I make it to the track.. its fun. Would be bad if it was that "Pinks" deal whereby I lost the car, wrecked, someone got hurt, or somethen..

If mine is in one piece after Reynolds.. Dec will be no problemo.

Actually i'll be shooting for Orlando :tongue:

hehe

I want to be the first into the 9's on stock pistons. :rolleyes:

Razor said:
Actually it was good memories.. Any time I make it to the track.. its fun. Would be bad if it was that "Pinks" deal whereby I lost the car, wrecked, someone got hurt, or somethen..

If mine is in one piece after Reynolds.. Dec will be no problemo.

Actually i'll be shooting for Orlando :tongue:

hehe

I want to be the first into the 9's on stock pistons. :rolleyes:

I know I was just busting your balls a little :wink:

As far as I know you would also be the first "109" TTA in the 9's which would be awesome :cool:

Razor said:
Ohhhh yeah ;)

BTW where's Mark?

Probably framing that 10.94 timeslip:D Speaking of that has anybody else run in the 10's with a stock longblock TTA?? To my knowledge he is the only one...