South Florida Club Is Dead...

Hey all.

We went to Shamrocks last night. The place is great. The food was awesome! Our hosts Dan and Claudia were great! We had beef nachos, cheese sticks, philly cheese steak, fish and chips, and a burger. It was all delicious.

Parking is going to be one of two options:

1. There is a private parking lot directly across the street. We are trying to get possession of it for our monthly meets. It is well lit and EMPTY. I think it will hold about 25-30 cars.

2. Also across the street is a new parking garage. It is empty, well lit, clean, and there is a security guard. We parked for 2-3 hours and it was only $1. I think it is a $3 max for all night. If we can't get the private parking lot, this place will be more then fine. I will contact the people who run it to see if we can get some spots reserved.

See you next month. Next meet is Saturday November 30 at 7pm. Call to order is at 8.

I will try to attend the next meet, I' m new to this forum but not new to turbo buicks. I owned an 87 GN from 1990 - 96 ,I got it to run from 15.0's (yes I know,she had a few problems) all the way down to 11.60's.I had to sell her because we were moving to a new house ( plus my wife hated the car! ), I made a deal with her,if I put in a pool I could get another one.Well I got another one, this time an 86 GN a virgin!! But not anymore, as you can see from my sig. Hope to meet some of you guys out there,later.

Shawn I really commend what your doing,getting a buick club together. I tried myself to get a buick club together back in 90-96, (but everyone &their mothers owned 5.0's), I knew alot of guys back then with turbo buicks, but I had the same trouble you have now in getting all of them to show up any where. I think that a majority of the owners were more mature and family orientated, so they had other priorities to attend to(back then). Just keep on what your doing now, don't give up.;)

WHATS UP COLBY!!!

whats up partner welcome to the board.this is rusty the guy you met at TK performance a couple weeks back with the dk. blue "T"
well i hope we could possibly get a good showingone of these nights i will surely be there.....

hey jsta6 i hope you have me on yo lis....:) if not count me in.....

Colby..

Welcome aboard..

Looking at your sig. you have a nice combo there. Any times or dyno #'s on it? Also who did the work on the car??

I would be curious to see how that combo runs.

-Alex

1. Hey Rusty whats up ?Looking forward to seeing you up at the meet next week, hopefully weather permitting.Did you ever call Matt (at TK)about the parts car?

2. As for my sig I just finished polishing up my intercooler pipes for the V2 it'll be going in begining of next week,along with my 009's & PT54 , I do alot of my own work , its really pretty simple stuff. But, I still need to do my tranny (I don't mess with those!) Probably Art Carr 9''NL. I buy alot of my parts through Rick (Harper). Or through the internet.

3.I to can't wait to see how this combo works together, although I may have to up to 50# inj.'s.

Hey Russty, you should be on the mailing list.

Hey Colby, what intercooler are you replacing? Do you have a stock location stretch for sale?

I'll be replacing the stock original intercooler, sorry , I wish I had one for you.

hey, im new to the club, i was wondering if any one can help me tune my car, i dont have a scantool and i dont know much about these cars, if some one can help me tune this car, i would apperciate it, i live in south palm beach county...

check this out and tell me what you think on this subject....

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=63120

you can count on seeing me at almost every meeting...

peace out

neil

SFTBC CLUB MEETING

SATURDAY NIGHT, NOVEMBER 30!!!

http://www.sftbc.org/

Drag it or pull it. Even if you don't have your car, show up. I prolly won't be bringing my GN (trainy), but I will be there.

A lot of you guys have said that you will make it, so make it!!!

:cool:

The restaurant scene is to busy for us, so we are moving to a different setting.

We are moving to the Oakwood plaza parking lot in Hollywood. The meeting date is also being changed to the 2nd Saturday of the month.

We can line up our cars in a well lit area and mingle and meet...

Meet is at 7, and we will have an "official" type meeting at 8.

During Decembers meeting, I will be handing the reigns over to Alex. With two boys, and twins on the way, I won't be able to devote the time to the club.

Please bring money to Decembers meeting so that we can organize a dyno day, club web site stickers (www.sftbc.org) and t-shirts. I think $20 should cover those things for now.

Also, I am in negotiations with a used parts dealer for some group discounts, so if you need any parts, let me know and I will compile a list, and I can have him drop them off at the meet.

==============
Official Club Meeting Spot
We will now be meeting officially on the 2nd Saturday of every month from 7:00pm - 9:00pm at Oakwood Plaza in Hollywood.
It is located just East of I-95 in between Sterling and Sheridan.
We will be parking across the street, just East of the Starlite Diner, in the Service Merchandise Parking Lot.
Tons of exposure, a huge parking lot and great lighting.
Starlite Diner is just North of Dave and Busters.

Click here for a map: (very simple)
http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?BF...wood%2C+FL+33328&Country=us&Get%A0Map=Get+Map

Let's do our best to KEEP this new home. (i.e. no burnouts and no trash.)

==============

http://www.sffba.net/meetings.htm

Monthly meeting change..

It appears the guy and gals over @ sffba are receptive to the idea of us hanging at their meeting spot.:D They simply ask that we don't do burnouts, etc and get kicked out. I will be posting a new thread sometime this week to gage(sp) attendance. I say we make this one a big one.

-Alex

No more Daytona 500 crap threw the streets of Hollywood please. I said lets "Cruise" around, not race until someone flips over! I don't have a front sway bar like you guys. :mad:

Was it just me or did someone else hit that dead cat in the middle of the road with their garbage can. :D :D :D

PING!! :D

Oops.

Originally posted by Turbojorge
No more Daytona 500 crap threw the streets of Hollywood please. I said lets "Cruise" around, not race until someone flips over! I don't have a front sway bar like you guys. :mad:

Was it just me or did someone else hit that dead cat in the middle of the road with their garbage can. :D :D :D

PING!! :D

Oops.

LMFAO..."daytona 500 crap". Oh man, your killing me man. Na, we will leave the racing around corners to the ricers and go race in a str8 line.

-Alex

Originally posted by jsta6
speak for yourself...the world is not 1/4 mile long...

Shawn,

No flame here but...

Unless you do some major suspension work to compensate for body roll among many other things in the suspension, i would avoid any major high speed cornering in these cars.

Just my humble opinion..

-Alex

what do you mean?

you mean like:

upgrade coil springs front and rear (lowerd 1 - 1 1/2 inches)
koni shocks
PST complete front end and bushing kit
hollow front sway bar
jounce bars
low profile tires
battery moved to trunk

I got that...

upgraded rear sway bar on the way...;) :cool: :D